Chapter 15

It was Friday. Gary and me were sitting at the kitchen table at his house eating breakfast together. I didn't live here yet, but I was here quite often now, even during the week, not only on the weekends. We hadn’t spoken about it, it just happened, call it going with the flow, but no, I definitely wasn’t planning on moving in completely yet. 

"What's the plan then?" 

"What do you mean Gary?" 

"For today slash the weekend." 

"I have to go to work soon and after that I'll have to go home and pack. I would suggest that we drive tomorrow in the morning." 

He thought about it and responded "Ok, sounds good, so how about you take your car to work and then get home, pack your case and I'll come and pick you up. Then you can sleep here and we can drive with my car tomorrow.” 

I giggled "Okay, boss."
-----

Work was pretty normal that day, I mean, as a secretary there wasn’t much happening in general, but it was a nice job.

After work I went home, packed my stuff and then decided to call my parents, to let them know when Gary and I were planning to arrive.

"Hello? Clara?"

I smiled when I heard my dad’s voice "Hi dad. I just wanted to say that we should arrive at yours tomorrow by midday." 

"Fine, thanks for saying. Mum is so excited to meet her future son-in-law." 

I gasped "Wait. We are definitely NOT engaged just to be clear."

I heard a chuckle at the other end of the line "I know. Sleep well now." 

"Thanks dad. See you, love you."
-----

I had just put my suitcase down in the hallway, next to the front door when Anna called. 
"Hi Anna, what's up?"

"Just wanted to wish you a nice journey and good luck with Gary and your parents. How do you think they will react?”

“Thanks. I don’t know. I guess mum will be shocked but will warm soon to Gary, depends on how he uses his charm, but dad is another story."

”Yeah, I know...” 

I heard the doorbell. "Wait a moment, I have to open the door." 

I opened the door and although Gary could see that I was on the phone he gave me a kiss.

I heard Anna on the phone "Eww... Guys, I can hear that. I'll leave you two. Text me when you have arrived."

I sighed "Bye.“ I turned to Gary and pretended to be mad at him. "Was that really necessary?" 

He pouted "Aww is my girl angry at me?" 

I crossed my arms in front of my chest and firmly said "I am NOT angry." 

"But pissed off. I like it though it's kind a hot." He smirked. 

I rolled my eyes at him and grabbed my bag. He took my case and we went to his car. We went to bed early, Gary wanted to get out of London the next morning before rush-hour, which I completely understood and wanted too.
-----

We got up at 5. I packed us something to eat and made us tea, we're both northerners, so tea was and still is the must have, even though we both drink coffee on occasion. Gary just went for a quick walk with Hugo, 3 and a half hours without a walk would have been pure torture for the poor dog, and so we met again in the car.

"You closed the door properly?" Gary asked while we were settling into the car.

"Yes Gary. Checked it twice. You have everything?"