Chapter 38

I looked at the calendar that hung in the kitchen at the wall right beside the door. Fuck. I just realised that the 14th of February was a Wednesday. So now I had to ask my boss to give me one and a half days off work just that I could go to a bloody award show with my popstar boyfriend. I rolled my eyes and right on cue Gary strolled into the kitchen "Don't roll your eyes darling, unless it's necessary." 

"It IS necessary. Why does a bloody award show have to be on a Wednesday?!" 

Gary choked on his tea "Huh? What?"

I sighed "Yeah. Happens to be that the Brits are on a Wednesday this year, which means I can ask my boss for time off for the half of Wednesday and the whole Thursday, because I certainly won't be able to work on Thursday when coming home in the middle of the night after that thing and knowing that you will fuck me to death afterwards."

Gary smirked "You know me well, darling."

"Yeah. Whatever. I'm just a bit pissed off. I mean why not on a Friday for god's sake?" 

"Because the majority of the people attending are show biz people who don't have a normal job like you honey" Gary kissed me and added "If you need me talking to your boss, just call me. I should be home today about six, just that you know it."

I sighed and shook my head “No thanks, I’m a grown woman, I can deal with my boss myself.”

I took the tube to work. It was a cold but dry day in London. Well, maybe it was a bit colder for me, considering that I decided to wear a skirt and a blouse like most of the time for work. I could have worn trousers too, but I didn’t really like trousers for work.

"Morning everyone!" I smiled as I stepped into the office.

"Morning Clara!" 

I was a bit earlier than usual, I wanted to talk to Felix as soon as possible. I went straight to his office, but knocked before going inside. "Good morning Clara." 

"Good morning." 

"What can I do for you?" 

"I wanted to ask if it's possible that I could have time off work." 

"When?" 

"Wednesday the 14th after lunch and Thursday the 15th." 

"Let me think about it...Well, considering the good work you always deliver and the fact that Louise called in sick for today and tomorrow, yes." 

I smiled "Thank you." 

"You're welcome."

The rest of the day went by not as easy as usual, I mean my co-workers were all nice and we had fun, but Louise was my bestie at work and with her everything was easier. Actually we were growing closer every day. I didn't even realise how late it was when my phone rang. 

"Yes?" I asked down the line, not knowing who it was as I accepted the call without looking who it was.

"Where are you?" 

"Gary?!" 

"Yes. And I still wait for an answer to my question." 

"I'm at work, where else should I be?" 

"At home? It's 6 o'clock." 

"WHAT?!" 

"Yeah. Stay where you are I'm picking you up." And with that the line went dead. I groaned. Bloody work. I decided to get outside already.

Finally Gary arrived and got out of his car and hugged me tightly. We got inside again and then he began to speak in a sad tone "I was worried." 

I sighed "Sorry. I didn't even realise that I was working over-time."