Chapter 60

I'll miss you so much Honey..." Gary pouted at me while I was closing the last one of my bags. 

I sighed "I'll miss you too. But it's only two nights. I think you can manage that. And see the positive. When you come home, we a have a few days to ourselves...And maybe I’ll be told the gender tomorrow..." 

Gary’s eyes instantly lit up "Really?" 

I nodded "Maybe. I can't promise anything, but the chance is there."

Gary pulled me towards him and kissed me passionately. 
A knock on the door interrupted us and Gary turned around with a frustrated groan. He opened the door and came back "The car's here. I'll bring you downstairs." 

I nodded and let Gary grab my bags.

We were currently in Denmark, the last country on the European leg of the tour. However, there were still two nights to play for the lads.
Howard was kind of fit again, he had joined them again two nights ago, but he wasn't allowed to do all the dancing, so it still wasn’t the same as it had been at the beginning of the tour.
I had to get home earlier though, I had an appointment with my doctor tomorrow. I had tried everything to delay it one or two days, but it wasn't possible whatsoever, so I had to fly home.
Gary being Gary though, had insisted that I would fly with the jet.
I thought it was completely unnecessary and that I could have flown with a normal flight too, but he didn't allow it, so I had obeyed with an eyeroll.

He handed my bags over to the driver and then turned to me "Bye honey. I'll miss you." 

I sighed "I'll miss you too babe." 

Gary stepped towards me and pulled me into a last kiss. When he let go off me I got into the car and the driver drove off.

I waved at my husband and already missed him like crazy. -Two nights. You'll manage that Barlow.-

I was driven straight to the plane, no need for check-ins or something like that. The only thing I had to do was get outside the car and inside the plane. Even my bags were being carried for me.

I stepped inside and was greeted by one of the flight attendants "Good morning Mrs. Barlow."

"Good morning. I'm sorry that you all have to work just for me today, but you know my husband. I would have taken a normal flight also" I laughed and rolled my eyes. 

She laughed genuinely too "Well, it's our pleasure to work for you. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask."

“Thanks. A glass of water would be nice actually”, I smiled and sat down.

Three hours later I got through the front door of our house. I was greeted by Hugo, who jumped up at my leg. I decided to put my laundry into the machine first. After that I went for a walk with Hugo.

It was around midday when I got back home and I wasn't really tired, so I called Anna. 

"Hello?" 

"Hi Anna!" 

"Hi Clara, how's my bestie doing?" 

"Good. And you?" 

"Very good. Are you back in London?" 

"I am, but without Gary. I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow, so I had to return earlier." 

"Oh. You want some company today? I could really do with a night out." 

"Yeah, why not? How about tonight at 7?"

"Sounds perfect. Our usual restaurant?"

"Sure. See ya."

"Bye."

We met inside our favourite restaurant at 7. I smiled and hugged Anna "God Anna, it's so good to see you again."

"It is. We haven't seen each other for quite a while now. How is it going?" She asked, nodding towards my little bump, which was growing day by day.

I smiled and brushed my hand over my stomach "Very good. Gary really looked after me over the past few weeks, you know, making sure that I didn't get stressed and stuff. And I might be told the gender tomorrow."

"Aww...What would you like it to be?"

I smiled "I don't care really, as long as it's healthy. How is Holly?"

"She's great! But she's growing so fast, I wish she would stop growing, or at least grow way slower!"
------

I think I got home at about half past nine. I knew that calling Gary wouldn't make any sense now, as I didn't know if he was back at the hotel already, so I texted him good night.

I walked into our bathroom and got ready for bed. I didn't put on my nighty though, I put on one of Gary’s hoodies, just like every time he wasn't at home, it made me feel closer to him.

I laid down and took a final look at my phone and had one message from Gary.
"Hi my lovely wife, miss you like crazy. Show was great, but I wish I could have a nice and cherishing cuddle from you. See you soon. Love you. G x"

He was so cute. I put my phone onto the nightstand and fell asleep on Gary’s side of the bed, a smile covering my face.

I woke up the next morning and felt lonely, I just wasn't used to wake up alone anymore. I got up and got ready, I decided to leave my hair open and put on a pair of jeans and a jumper.

I got downstairs and went for a walk with Hugo, grabbing some tea and a sandwich from the bakery on my way back.

I had my appointment at 10 am and I had quite some time left until I needed to leave, so I decided to do some cleaning in the meantime. No, I didn't have a cleaning lady, well Gary had proposed keeping his, but I had insisted on cleaning myself, seeing as I had nothing else to do with my time anymore.
------

"Hello Clara. How are you doing?" my doctor came in and shook my hand.

I smiled back "Very good, thanks. We had no complications at all and my husband was very concerned about me, looking after me and making sure I don’t get stressed."

"Good. Shall we have a look at the baby then?"

I nodded eagerly "Yes please."

I laid down and she began with the ultrasound.

"Looks very good for 15 weeks, very healthy. You can see basically everything now. It's as big as a grapefruit now, and if you want, I could tell you the gender" she smiled at me.

My eyes lit up and I whispered "Please."

She nodded "Well then...It's a boy."

My eyes instantly filled with tears. We were having a little baby boy, I felt so happy and I couldn’t wait to tell Gary tomorrow.

She gave me a few pictures of the baby and then I went back home, happy and smiling like crazy.