Chapter 55

"Gary. Could you please move now? I know you need the rest, but we should really pack our things." I sighed at my husband who was currently laying on the sofa, not even bothered about the fact that we had to leave  for Belfast tomorrow morning and we hadn't packed a single thing yet. 

I was met with a groan. 

"Come on Barlow. Move your arse now and then we can head to bed early."

He sighed "Fine. Did I mention that I hate packing?" 

I laughed "Isn't that a bit unfortunate for someone who has to travel that much?" 

"It is. Still don't like it."

Two hours later we had everything ready. One suitcase plus one bag each. 

"I'm spent" Gary groaned and let himself fall onto our bed, face forward. 

I laughed "What from? Old man you are! I'm the pregnant one! You have been doing absolutely nothing today." 

Gary mumbled something into the blankets, which I couldn't make out. I gave him a slap on the bum "Come on. I need a shower." 

He spun around and instantly got up. Gary started to kiss me and pushed me into our bathroom. 

I pulled away to undress and smirked "Bastard. That gave you energy now, didn't it?" 

Gary pouted back "Can't help myself when it comes to you baby..." 

I smiled lovingly "Just stay like this forever."

He grinned at me, put his hands onto my waist and smiled lovingly towards my stomach, where a slight, very slight bump was visible now, you could only see it if you knew it was there. I kissed him and stepped into the shower.
------

"There you go" Gary smiled at me, holding out a fluffy towel for me.

I stepped towards him and he wrapped it around me. "Thank you" I kissed him and blushed at the sight of Gary. He looked so good. Naked, only a white towel wrapped around his mid-section, a few droplets of water on his chest and shoulders, making his chest hair shimmer. His blonde hair was damp and clung to his forehead. My favourite look of his. I felt again so lucky that I was able to call this man my husband.

"Why are you putting on a nighty? You hardly do that." Gary asked me.

He was right, I hardly wore a nighty anymore, it wasn't really necessary if you know what I mean. But today I felt cold. "I'm a bit cold. I feel like it." 

"Go on then, I don't want you two to be cold" Gary insisted.

I put it on and crawled under the duvet. "I'm still feeling cold..." I mumbled.

Gary smiled with closed eyes, put his arms around me and pulled me closer so my body was resting against his, my back resting against Gary’s torso. He put a kiss against my neck, right behind my ear and whispered "Hope you're warmer now. I'll keep you warm. Forever." 

I smiled and closed my eyes.

The next morning we had to get up early. "Gary?" 

"Hmph?" He answered out of the bathroom and I could hear that he was brushing his teeth.

I was standing in our wardrobe, not knowing what to wear today. Thank fuck I had found the time to go shopping before today, otherwise we would have had a problem now, because my trousers, as well as most of my tops weren't fitting me anymore, I knew it was still early stages of my pregnancy, but somehow I already had this clothing problem. "What are we doing today? Do I have to look extremely good or is a comfy jeans and a nice jumper okay?"