Chapter 29

"God!" I screamed in frustration. 

I heard running and then Gary stood in our bedroom "What happened?" 

"Nothing, I'm just frustrated" I answered, folding my arms under my breasts, standing in front of the wardrobe currently dressed in that fluffy white dressing gown Gary had gotten me yesterday as a 'Welcome to your new home' present. 

"Why?" 

I whined "Because I don't know what to wear! You men have it easy. Take a suit, style your hair a bit and ready to go." 

Gary was laughing now. 

"NOT. Funny." 

"Oh it sure is!" 

I rolled my eyes "If you want us to get out of here on time, help me choose." 

"Ok ok. Look. If you had let me bought you a new dress, we wouldn't have that problem now. But if you want me to help you, I'd suggest this one" he said and grabbed a knee-length purple one. 

"You like this?" 

He nodded eagerly. 

I smiled softly "I like it too. Thank you." 

"You're welcome" Gary said smirking and I rolled my eyes again. "Don't roll your eyes darling. Not a very brave thing to do." 

Just to annoy him I rolled my eyes again.
I went back to our bathroom to get my hair and make-up done.
I was relieved that this was basically just an evening out with friends. No press, well there would probably be paparazzi somewhere, but that wasn't that bad as long as Gary was by my side.

Finally I was ready to go and made my way downstairs, but Gary was nowhere to be seen. "Gaz?" Nothing. "Gary?" I started to get nervous, wondering where my boyfriend was. Then I heard steps coming from upstairs. 

"Sorry, forgot my purse!" He came around the corner and his lips curled into a shit eating grin "I like that dress darling." 

I looked up towards Gary and smiled back "I like it too, and I really like your suit." 

"Thanks" he bounced down the stairs and took my hand "You know what I like about you too?" 

I shrugged "Tell me." 

"That you are always on time. I really appreciate that." 

I laughed at that compliment "Isn't one supposed to be on time? I was taught it was important not to be late."

Gary rolled his eyes "I'm sorry that I have to talk about her again, but Lucy was always late. Made me look like an unpunctual person. I always begged her to be on time, but she always said she was with me, and I was famous and important enough, so it didn't matter if we came late." 

I rolled my eyes "Duh... Gary sometimes I really ask myself, what made you stick with her for 6 years?"

By now we were sitting in the car, driving towards that restaurant Gary had picked. "I don't know. Maybe I was to afraid of being alone, maybe because I thought she loved me, maybe because it had to be, otherwise maybe we would have never met and wouldn't be here today." 

I sighed and carefully placed my hand on his thigh, so as not to scare him cause he was driving and I didn’t want to be the cause of an accident "Yeah, but I don't even want to imagine my life without you. I can't to be honest." 

"Me too. Me too."
-----

Gary groaned as he stopped the car.

"What is it?" 

"There's paparazzi." 

"And? Gary that's what happens when you live a life like yours. They know everything."

"I know, but I don't like it that much. Especially when you're with me. I don't like giving them too much sight into my private life." 

"I understand, but as long as they're not taking pics through the windows of our house I'm fine with it. Now come on."

Somehow we managed to get into the restaurant without being chased too much. Instantly we were greeted by a waiter and shown a small-ish private room.

"Wow..." I took my surroundings in and saw Gary smiling at me "Beautiful, isn't it?" 

"It is. Did you plan this?" 

"I did." 

We were alone yet, and I walked towards our table and placed my bag at the place which Gary gave me. After that I started to walk around a bit. The table was a round one with 6 seats around it. 
"Wait. 6 seats aren't enough Gary." 

"Oh, I must have forgotten to tell you, we're only 6 people. Howard decided to stay in Germany for a couple of days and Jay is with his parents I think." 

I nodded and smiled comforting "You're not too disappointed are you?"

He smiled "No, I mean we're friends and it would've been nice to be here all together, but it's not the end of the world." 

I checked out the rest, the table was decorated simple, yet still full. There was a docking station to play music and a little dance floor. I walked towards the windows and looked out over London. The view was amazing and London at night was just stunning. 

"You know what’s the best, honey?" 

"Hm?" 

"That little balcony outside is ours for tonight too." 

"Really?" 

Gary nodded at me.
I decided to go outside and check it out. The view was even better from out here. Just as I got back inside I saw Gary fiddling around with the docking station and soon I could hear music. He looked really hot today, his suit fitted him so well. I was pulled out of my thoughts as the door opened and the waiter came in, followed by Anna and Jack. 

"Anna!" 

"Clara!" We hugged each other while Gary came towards us, greeting Jack. 

"Hello again Anna" he smiled and hugged her. 

"Hi." She shyly smiled back. 

"Excuse me" the waiter interrupted us "shall I bring you all something to drink already?" 

Gary nodded "Yes please. How about a bottle of champagne? 6 glasses please." 

"Gary. 5." 
He gave me a puzzled look and I rolled my eyes and nodded towards Anna. 
"Oh right. Sorry Anna, forgot about that. What would you like?" 

"Just some water please" she laughed.

Soon afterwards Mark and Kennedy arrived. "Always late Markie" Gary laughed and we all hugged and greeted each other. Anna was a bit starstruck but kept cool, which was a relief to me.

"Shut up Gaz. Had some problems with the little one. Wait until you have kids and you know what I'm talking about" he laughed and glanced towards me, making me gulp.

Gary and I hadn't discussed any of that yet. I felt a bit uncomfortable to be honest, but I tried not to let anyone notice it.

Gary seemed to haven't noticed any of it, because he popped the champagne bottle open "Whatever. Who wants to have a party?"