Chapter 35

An hour later I finally managed to get out of the pool. Of course we didn't swim, but I didn't plan on staying in there for a whole hour either. But Gary being Gary, he didn't let me go before making me come at least twice. 

I hadn't any towels here, so I padded into the house leaving the floor wet. I could hear Gary behind me. I giggled "Decided to get dry too now?" 

"Yeah. And I wanted to make sure you choose the biggest bedroom." 

I rolled my eyes "As if I would do anything else." I wanted to grab my bags but Gary took them out of my hands "Walk. I'll take them."

"But you have yours" I protested.

"I can pick them up afterwards." 

I rolled my eyes, but went upstairs nonetheless. I went into the master bedroom and it was even bigger than our bedroom at home. There was this super king-sized bed with crisp white sheets on it and the view was the exact same as the one from downstairs, only with a balcony. You could see the sea and I could only imagine how beautiful the view was going to be during sunset.

There was a bathroom attached to the bedroom, with this massive shower and this even bigger bath tub, which would both surely be used.

I realised that I was still naked and went back to the bedroom where Gary was already laying on the bed, his arms crossed under his head, he was smirking at me "You gonna join me Honey?" 

"No" I answered, opened my suitcase and got into my dressing gown. 

"No?" Gary had a plastered look on his face.
 -Poor Barlow, did I just smash your ego?-

"Exactly. No. Gary we just had an hour of sex. I'm fucked out, after that and last night, give me a break for once, I’m actually surprised I’m still able to walk. And don't tell me you're not in the same state. Even your member needs a break once." 

I was meet with a deep growl of laughter "A break? When it comes to you? Never. But if you don't want now, it's okay. Remember we still have 2 more weeks." 

Somehow I really had to laugh at that, don’t ask me why though.
-----

"You should get ready, honey." 

"What for?" 

"We're going out. I reserved a table at a beach restaurant ten minutes from here. We need to leave in an hour." 

"Okay." I got up, showered and dressed. I decided to put my hair into a braid, but I didn’t put make-up on, I didn’t think it was needed, I was confident enough without it. I dressed in a long summer dress with floral pattern and some flat shoes. I needn't wear heels unless it was necessary, because with heels I was taller than Gary most of the time and to be honest I preferred it when we were the same height respectively Gary being 1 inch taller than me. He wasn't the tallest in total height, but he was really big downstairs, believe me.

I sat down on the bed and watched Gary getting ready. He looked very nice. Black trousers, which were quite tight around his backside and a white shirt, the sleeves pulled up to his elbow. I loved his forearms, they were so strong and looked so good, which seems a bit weird, but I guess you get the picture. Hell I loved everything about him. 

"Stop watching." 

"I'm not." 

Gary lifted one eyebrow and smiled "You so are. And I'll get you later for that."

I grinned playfully "You told me I'm allowed to look at you whenever I want!"

"True. You ready to go?" 

I nodded "I am." 

Gary took my hand in his and we walked outside. "You look beautiful by the way."

I blushed "Thank you, so do you."

We walked in silence, comfortable silence, simply holding each others hand. I had the time to think a bit about the last couple of months and realised that so much had changed, my whole life had changed if I was completely honest.
-----

"Clara?"

I was pulled out of my thoughts and looked at Gary "Yes?" 

"We're here, come on."

We followed a waitress through the restaurant onto the veranda. We had a table in the corner, which was a bit more intimate than the rest, with a beautiful view over the beach and the sunset, it was really romantic. 

"What can I get you for drink?" The waitress asked. 

"Wine please. A bottle of red, is that okay Clara?" 

I nodded at Gary. We ordered our food too and after the wine arrived we were left alone for a while. 

"Cheers." 

"Cheers" I smiled back and my thoughts from earlier came back. I felt so lucky that a single tear rolled down my cheek, although I was still smiling, cause yes, it was a tear of joy.

Gary frowned "Hey what's up? Something wrong, is it?" 

"No, nothing. I'm just happy. And I feel so lucky to be here with you, to be with you in general, no matter if it’s cuddled up with you, in baggy clothes on our sofa back home in rainy London or here. I never want this to end. I love you too much." 

Gary smiled and took my hand "I'm happy too, more than you could ever know. I have never been as much in love as I'm with you. Please never leave me. I couldn't bear it." 

I was a bit shocked by his honesty, I didn’t really expect him to say what he just said. "Gary I won't ever leave you unless you cheat on me. I'll say it once: If you cheat on me I'm gone, no second chances."

Gary squeezed my hand "Clara look at me. I would never ever in my whole entire life cheat on you. Or hurt you for that matter." 

He starred right in to my eyes and I could see and feel that he meant those words.

I looked at him, a bit shy "Promise?" 

"Promise."