Chapter 68

"Come on...please." 

"No!" 

"Clara, come on. We'll find you a nice dress, but please get up." 

"No Gary. I don't want a nice dress, I don't even want to go with you. I'll look so fat. I'll stay at home" I whined into my pillow.

Gary sighed "Honey, you're not fat, you're pregnant. And you won't look fat in a few days time either. Please. I want you with me. I need you with me." 

I shook my head "What for? For me watching you get drunk after a bloody award show while I can sip on my water until three in the morning when you decide it's time to get home and fuck me? No thank you. I can also wait at home for the last part."

"That's it. Get up. NOW" Gary suddenly hissed and grabbed my wrist, pulling me up. 

"Ow. That hurt Gary" I sniffed at him, not only because of the pain, also because I was scared.

I had never seen him like that, I mean a minute ago he was so caring, trying to convince me to go with him to this years 'Brit Award' show and now he was angry at me.

"I don't care. I asked you three weeks ago to come with me and you said yes. So YOU. WILL. GO. End of." 

"But..." 

"No buts. I can't go alone." 

His eyes were still dark and I couldn't help myself but to cry. I was so scared of him, he looked so angry, almost as if he was about to hit me. This wasn't the Gary I knew. He was different, he was...weird.

I got up and walked towards our bathroom and locked the door behind me. I sank down slowly, ending up sitting on the floor and started to sob.

I heard fading footsteps, and when I was sure Gary was out of our room I slowly opened the door again. I listened for a second but there was silence.

I was deeply hurt by his behaviour, wondering what had gotten in to him. I laid back down and drifted off into a mixture of sleep and crying.
-----

I woke up hearing a piano. Gary. -Dugh. Bastard. If he thinks I'll have forgiven him by now he can fuck off.- 

I turned onto my side, with my back towards the door. When the music stopped and I heard steps I quickly closed my eyes again, pretending to be asleep.

The door opened "Clara?" 

I gave him no answer.

He walked towards me and sat down at the side of the bed placing his hand on my cheek.

I flinched for a short moment, I was scared he would hurt me, but then I calmed because deep down I knew that he wouldn't go that far.

He stroke my cheek gently "Don't be afraid. Come on. I know you're awake." 

I opened my eyes "Go away." 

"No. We need to talk." 

"Oh really?" I snarled back, still not looking at him. 

"Don't use that tone on me, okay?!" 

I gulped but nodded. I was acting like a bitch at the moment, and I suddenly realised that maybe I owed him an apology too.

"So...what do you want to talk about?" I asked. 

Gary sighed "I want to apologize. My behaviour today was inexcusable and the fact that I actually hurt you and scared you breaks my heart. Please forgive me. Please." 

I looked at him and his face was pleading. His expressions almost broke my heart and I could see that he meant it.

I sighed "Gary. You did scare me. But I forgive you under one condition." 

His eyes lit up "Whatever it is." 

"You tell me why you had such a short extreme change of temper." 

"I honestly don't know. Maybe I have a bad mood today." 

"So nothing bothering you?" 

"No. Except for the fact that my beautiful, expecting wife was crying because of me and she still hasn't got a dress to wear." 

I chuckled at the last bit "Well I think I should get ready then. Oh and sorry for my little freak-out earlier. My emotions are going through with me at the moment. Of course I'm coming with you. What are you nominated for again?" 

Gary smiled at me "You're pregnant. You're allowed to be like that, it's normal. Ahem...British Album, British Single, British Group and British Live Act." 

I winked "That'll be lots of celebrations for then, make sure you're ready."

"Oh, you know I'm always ready when it comes to you" he growled back, slowly leaning over me.

I giggled and started playing with the buttons on his shirt "Mhmmm maybe you need to show me?"

"I thought we wanted to go shopping?" he whispered, his lips only milimetres away from mine.

"That can wait" I whispered and then pressed my lips onto his, letting the passion take over.