Star Tears! Mael x reader

Three posts in one day, this hasn't happened in a while. An update on season four or season five on Netflix is that it's due to release this summer and I am SO ready for school to be over for the summer so that I can write more. (Also, can we all appreciate how immaculate the animation for season five is?) Anyways, hope you enjoy!

You watched as the silver haired Archangel in front of you accepted flowers from Jelamet, a lance corporal of the goddess race like Nerobasta. He had always noticed the kindness shown to him by everyone other than you, but what you didn't know was that he had taken a liking to you, and was only avoiding you to make sure you never found out about his disease.

Mael woke up one day as per usual in his shared home with his brother, Ludociel, but he felt a pain in his eyes. He went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror, only to find that he had stars falling like tears from his eyes. He still got ready like he usually did, thinking that this might just all pass by the end of the day. Oh how wrong he was to think such a thing, given that he was living with a very smart Archangel. The second Ludociel saw the stars coming from his eyes, he panicked. "Mael, sit down for a second, will you?" he asked, his voice softer than usual. However, the Sun Grace was in a hurry so that he could see you before you went into town for the day to hang out with your friends. "Not now brother, I ha-" However, he was interrupted by the raven haired male grabbing his shirt collar and dragging him over to the table. "Sit. Down. Now." he spat through gritted teeth. In an instant, the silver haired male was in his chair across from his brother. "What is it?" he asked, slightly annoyed. "Do you know why you're crying stars, Mael?" he asked. The Archangel shook his head, making the Flash Grace sigh before he spoke. "It's because you have a disease called Star Tears. It will slowly start to get worse, until you go blind forever. It affects those with one sided love who have yet to confess their feelings to the person they like. So, tell me, it wouldn't happen to be (Y/N) that you're in love with, would it?" he asked, smirking when the younger male's face turned cherry red as he nodded. "She'll never notice me like she does the other men in the armies. She only sees me as a friend, not a love interest." he said. Ludociel grabbed his hand as he tried to get up, stopping him one last time before he left. "You'll never know that unless you try to tell her. Besides, it's worth a shot if it means you don't go blind." he said.

That led him to where he was now, looking for you in town so that he could confess his feelings to you, knowing you would reject him like Elizabeth had. When he caught sight of your (H/C) hair, he walked over and tapped you on the shoulder. You turned around and smiled when you saw that it was him. "Oh, hey Mael, what's up? You look worried." you asked, making his usually cheerful smile fade. "Could I talk to you somewhere more private, perhaps?" he asked, taking notice of your friends' stares towards him. You nodded softly as he took hold of your hand and led you to a quiet place in the forest nearby. "So, what did you wa-" you stopped mid sentence when you saw his tears. You knew what star tears were, and rushed over to him. "Oh, you wanted to tell me about this." you said, your face downcast. However, you were surprised when Mael gently cupped your face in his hands. He looked at you before leaning in and gently placing his soft lips on yours. Your face turned red, but you relaxed, and melted into his touch. "Y-you could have told me, Mael. I've had feelings for you since the day I met you." you explained, looking to the side as you smiled, your cheeks still red. You then walked back over to him and wrapped your arms around his waist, leaning against his muscular build. He hugged you back and smiled softly down at you, finally at peace, if only for the time being.