Lance Corporal

Hey guys, this was requested by @Asagiri_zeldris. Hope you enjoy!

You were a shy person by nature, so you usually blended in with crowds. However, you had your brave moments. You had decided to join the army of your race, the Goddess race, and you ranked lower than many, but still managed to find yourself being the one that ran errands for the other goddesses in the Tornado faction. That was what led you to meet him. He was the leader of your faction, and he caught your interest instantly the first time you saw him. Sariel, the Tornado Grace, had noticed you fervently running errands for your factionmates when you accidentally bumped into him. You nervously stuttered an apology before you saw who you had bumped into. Your ability was called Vision, which allowed you to see into the future. However, that ability came with the cost of having a disease that no one you knew of could cure. No one knew you had such an ability, not even the Supreme Deity did. While you practically begged the Archangel not to kick you out of the army, he chuckled in amusement as Tarmiel walked over to his friend. "It's alright, I'm not going to take your job. Tell me though, what is your name?" he asked, a genuine smile on his face as Tarmiel cleared his throat, causing the shorter male to turn to his friend as you spoke. "M-my name is (Y/N) s-sir." you stuttered, trying to regain the composure you had lost the moment you bumped into him. "Well then, (Y/N), it's nice to meet you. What faction are you in?" he asked, causing you to look up from the ground as his golden yellow eyes locked with yours. "O-oh, actually, it's the Tornado Faction." you explained, causing Tarmiel to chime in. "Well then, what an odd coincidence, don't you think, Sariel?" he asked, looking down at his friend. "Indeed, it is. But anyways, I have a mission to complete, it was nice meeting you though, (Y/N)." your name rolled off of his tongue as if it was made for him to say. He then smiled and waved, walking off with Tarmiel.

When you finally got back, you were exhausted from doing so many errands for the day. On top of that, you had a factionmate that loved to tease and humiliate you every day you saw him. His name was Nathan, and he was a jerk to everyone he spoke to other than his friends. You felt him yank your hair, chuckling when you yelped in pain. You spun around and glared at the male as Lance Corporal Nerobasta walked in, calling everyone into the main room. "Everyone listen up, The head of your faction, Sariel, has told me to choose one of you to move into one of the Archangels' Mansion as a general. He gave me the name of the person already, so would (Y/N) please step forward?" she questioned, causing you to step forward shyly and wave to her. She scoffed, rolling her eyes as she motioned for you to follow her to your room. She then helped you pack your things and then helped you carry them to where you would be living from now on.

Once you got to the mansion, your eyes widened at the size of the place. She walked in with you and led you to your new room, telling you to unpack and make yourself comfortable. You nodded as she closed the door, giving you privacy to get settled in. almost an hour later, when you had finished unpacking and were now reading a book, Sariel knocked in the door. "Come in." you answered, causing him to open the door as you looked up from the novel you were reading. You smiled at him when his golden eyes met yours. "Sir Sariel, I didn't thi-" he stopped you by raising his hand. "Just Sariel is fine you know. Besides, you're the general of my faction, so I don't mind at all." he said, causing you to nod. He then took your hand and showed you around the place so that you wouldn't get lost.

A few months passed, and your disease was getting worse. At this point, the Supreme Deity knew that only she could cure you, but she refused to, having another idea in mind. She knew that your innate Goddess magic wasn't very strong, and had decided to reincarnate you instead. Sariel, who didn't know what was happening to you, decided to tell you how he felt about you before it was too late. You were laying in bed, resting for the day, when Sariel walked into the room. He had a necklace in his hand, and gave it to you to look at. You smiled at the thoughtful gift as he spoke, drawing your attention back to him. "Hey, so I was wondering, are you interested in anyone like, romantically?" he asked, causing your face to turn red. You nodded your head yes as he sighed sadly, looking deeply into your (E/C) eyes before he spoke. "I wanted to tell you that even if you don't feel the same, that I've loved you since the day we met. And I'm happy for whoever you have feelings for. I'm sure that he's a lu-" he was interrupted by you grabbing his collar and pressing your lips against his, causing his entire face to turn red as you kissed him. "I wanted to tell you that I had feelings for you, but I didn't want to ruin my friendship with you." you explained, smiling softly as you reached into your purse and brought out a small pocket knife. You gave it to him, saying "I want you to have this, as thanks for the necklace and also because when I saw it at the store it reminded me of you. Do you like it?" you asked, causing him to nod his head yes. He then hugged you tightly, resting your head on his chest as he spoke. "I promise you that I'm going to find someone who can help you get rid of this disease." he vowed, causing you to nod your thanks to him as he laid your head back down against the pillow you were resting on. He then left the room so that you could sleep.