-7-

They went into different directions and intersections of the house after a short-time preparation of defense tools. Jones went directly to where Sawyer headed earlier, and the sight of him lying on the floor with his body covered with blood had Jones' eyes frozen for a minute. Even though panicking, he tried his best to help Sawyer so, he put pressure on his wound on the lower left part of the abdomen using his beanie. Jones was dialing their private medical team's number when all of them heard multiple gunshots coming from the different corners of the house. After the call with the medical team, he tried to contact Ace but he wasn't answering the calls. So, instead of waiting, he called Archie for help, and thankfully, he arrived as soon as possible. Archie carried Sawyer towards the door and was able to pass through it safely while Jones stayed in to help in rescuing the others.

Meanwhile, Cheryl was battling against this guy wearing a face bonnet to cover his identity. Their guns were lying on the floor, so his rival attempted to punch her with his left hook but Cheryl, using her right arm, prevented it from hitting her face. She held his arm and slammed it in the cemented corner that caused the man to release a groan out of pain. With that hit, Cheryl kicked his crotch before picking up her gun. She pointed it at him while he raised both of his arms in the air, his eyes crying words for his life.

"On the count of three, I want you out of my sight, and you must step out of this building because the second time I'll meet you somewhere, I'll let this gun decide for your future, asshole. One!"

When she began counting, he stepped backward while clutching his injured arm. He faced the opposite direction towards the archway, but Cheryl pulled the trigger, intentionally missing her target, and at the same time, making sure that the bullet grazed on his right leg. He stumbled and fell on the floor but continued limping his way, bearing his slightly bleeding skin.

Cheryl exhaled firmly before moving in the right intersection, looking for Toni around the space. Speaking of, Toni was staying in their library reading a fiction book when the gunshot was loudly heard. With that noise, she immediately stood up and walked to the door, considering it as an exit. She was able to go out and run along the hallways of the floor, heading to another way, when gunshots, once again, came off.

Because of that traumatic sound occupying her ears, she caught herself curled up like a ball, sitting on the floor while her hands were tightly covering her ears. The sound faded after a while, so she stood up and continued her tracks. Because she wasn't that familiar with the place, she kept pacing around, trying to figure out the right way to go through; she even entered a room full of torture things and another room full of firearms. She was tired of running around but kept going until one arm yanked her waist to the side against a concealment wall.

"Shhh." Cheryl placed her left palm on her mouth to keep her silent. Toni was terrified at first and was still but, after she saw the person in front of her, it made her feel at ease than earlier.

Toni tried to push her off, but Cheryl retained her in that position. When they heard footsteps coming, Cheryl gave an eye signal to Toni to keep quiet, and gladly, she did. Cheryl placed her hand off her mouth and transferred it to her bicep, gently moving her behind to secure her from what's next to happen.

Cheryl waited for a few seconds until the 5'5 tall man appeared. She kicked his right leg before firing her gun right at his arm that caused him to drop his pistol. He got shot but was able to stand on his own, leaning against the wall. Cheryl stepped forward and attempted to knock him off but he kicked her in the stomach causing her to land her back on the floor together with her head.

Toni flinched and was worriedly watching while the man had his third punch on Cheryl's face by now. She badly wanted to help, but she doesn't know how especially with the peak of anxiety that's filling up her body.