-57-

Sunday

"So, CM... Toni is in leave and I am on a day off." Tabitha placed a glass of water on the counter, across from her spot. "And your birthday is two days from now. Any plans?"

Cheryl chuckled and looked down. "I don't celebrate my birthday, Tabitha. I'm sure Toni already told you that. All I wish for is Toni and I's settlement. At least we've had a little, you know, improvement since I came back."

"Awee, boring." Tabitha sighed. "But seriously though, you said you wanna make it up to her, so better plan something. If you don't want to be the centerpiece of your birthday, then make it Toni. Just a suggestion."

Cheryl had an idea that made her mold a smile. "You know, that's a good one. But let's plan for that in another time 'cause we're going to the OB for her Tetanus shot and check up."

Tabitha shrugged. "Okay, and your therapy? Toni mentioned that last night."

Cheryl's eyes drilled fraily. "Yeah. I'm suffering from a lot of emotional and mental damage, and I'm trying to catch-up with... several shit. I'll have a meeting with someone soon enough. Val has a few recommended names."

Tabitha hummed. "CM... I know that we've had a few arguments before, and I'm pretty sure that there are yet to come, but right now, I wanna tell you that I'm so proud of you for standing up for yourself. It's a big thing to deal with."

Cheryl smiled. She was proud to have finally built a wall that not only protects herself but also limits and excludes them from danger.

"There's more to come, Tabs. Don't worry because you get to watch me do everything I promised Toni," she replied sincerely. "I just need a little time, and since there's a baby coming, I should focus on Toni's health line first."

Tabitha grew her smile bigger. They surely had her support.

"Hey, guys." Toni walked in wearing an off shoulder dress, and her hair was half ponytailed. "It took me a while. But I'm ready now."

Cheryl stood up and walked to her. "You look gorgeous."

Toni scrunched her left nostril. "You mean 'haggard', right?"

Tabitha sniggered, walking to them. "You guys, have a safe ride. I'll be staying here and chill." She kissed Toni's left cheek, looked at Cheryl with that "code", and moved to the other side of the house.

"Still not used to seeing you not wearing a damn suit," Toni said, eyeing Cheryl from head to toe. "Though, you're hot in denims, leathers, and loose button down shirts."

Cheryl shyly scratched her temple. "Compliments make me blush, Toni."

"I know." Toni scoffed. "Let's go."

[ride]

"Are you sure your doctor is good at its field?" Cheryl asked while doing a U-turn. "What's the name?"

"Yup. Doctor Glynne, ever heard of that surname before?"

Cheryl mildly groaned. "Can we choose a lady doctor? I'm sure I won't be comfortable with a guy touching you. Sorry."

Toni laughed through her nose. "It's Mrs. Glynne. Don't worry. I'm not comfortable with guys, either. Though, who knows, who'll be handling my delivery."

Cheryl exhaled. "Great. Well then I'll make sure to gather some of my contacts. I got it."

Toni had clearly observed how cautious and careful Cheryl was when moving around her. When she looked over to the left, she found Cheryl anxious about driving.

"Our speed will take us three hours on the road. Speed up," she said while taking her phone out of the handbag.

"Nope." Cheryl shook her head. "Can't do that, madame. I have to be careful, like extra careful. I'm a little clumsy and cars I use would always fly. I'm trying to control my feet, and like, not step on the gas that hard."