-50-

Lancaster

6:10 am

Dining Room

"Toni... Toni, are you listening?"

Toni blinked a set to snap her focus back.

"Hmm?" She cluelessly raised her eyebrows at Tabitha. "Are you saying something?"

Tabitha rolled her eyes. "You're clearly not listening."

"She's busy thinking about CM," Megan, seated to her usual seat, by Toni's left, teased.

"Don't even mention that name while dining," Lester shushed. "It's kinda affecting my appetite."

"Chill out, boy." Megan sighed while Lester clenched his jaws.

Toni looked down.

"Is there something you wanna tell me?" Tabitha asked and Toni faintly looked at her in reply.

After breakfast, Toni washed the dishes. Tabitha could observe how quiet she was and it was too odd to her eyes. So, she walked to the kitchen where she arrived to Toni removing her apron.

"Tell me. You guys had sex last night?" she blunted, leaning on the fridge.

Toni looked at her with wide eyes. "How could you say that? Too wild, Tabs."

"So, are you going to tell me or not?" Tabitha crossed her arms. "I'm impatient with things I'm curious about, you know that."

"Okay, okay. Fine." Toni exhaled while placing the apron on the counter. "But firstly, we didn't have sex. We uh... kind... of like, uhm... kissed?"

Tabitha gasped. "Woah. Really?"

"Why do you sound... happy?" Toni got her eyebrows knitted.

"Do I?" Tabitha scoffed. "Well... the chemistry is still there and... what if she really wants you back? And what if she's finally going to quit her thing?"

Toni shook her head. "Nope. Not gonna happen. I know how squeezed she is because of Timothy's grip on her. She's not gonna let their business go that easily."

"But what if she does? Are you going to say yes to her?"

"That's the biggest what if, Tabs. And I have Lucas waiting on me."

Tabitha laughed. "You're joking, right? You kissed CM. And now you're talking about Lucas? You're such a clown. You have to choose, girl. You're going to crush Lucas so badly."

"How can you be so sure that I'm going to choose CM?" Toni asked with hesitation. "I can't choose her. I shouldn't be with her again. In fact, I'm going to talk to her about this. And... let her know that she has to stop because... I'm... giving my word to Lucas. Tomorrow."

"Hold up." Tabitha shook her head. "No, you're not going to do that. Toni, you're confused, okay? You gotta be sure about this."

"I am." Toni nodded. "I want to move forward. With Lucas."

"Jesus," Tabitha muttered, disappointed. "You gotta be kidding me?"

"Nope." Toni released some air through her nose. "All good."

Construction Site: Hotel

2 pm

Toni walked by the entrance of the area, her hands holding one paper bag that held snack meals. She looked around and waited for someone to pass by to ask where Lucas was staying at the moment.