-19-

7 pm

"Hey Fangs, thanks for coming with me to visit my cousins and my parents' graves. It means a lot," Toni said, walking sideways with Limuel, heading to the front door.

"I'm here for you, girl. You know that," he replied, placing his arm around her neck. "Damn, can you believe it? Few weeks from now, we're going to celebrate Christmas."

"Ugh. Yeah, right. Can't wait to go home." Toni smiled.

"Anyway, sorry to say this, but that Megan kid has an attitude. I don't like her. She's mean."

Toni sighed. "She's mad 'cause she thought I left them. She doesn't get it like Lester does."

"Also, I like your cousin. Tabitha, right?" Limuel mentioned, opening the door for them.

"Yeah, she's the best."

"Clearly," Fangs replied, chuckling.

"There you are." Jones exhaled, running down the stairs. "I need your help, Lim. Come on."

"Yeah, I'll follow," he replied before facing Toni. "Hey, talk to you later."

"Yeah, go ahead."

He squeezed her in a hug before he waved goodbye, heading to the door leading to the basement. 

Toni walked in the kitchen to drink water and after, she walked upstairs to change her clothes into a white tank top and shorts. She was heading to Ace's office to check if there were any tasks left to be reviewed, but when she didn't see any folder on top of the table, she walked out and bumped into Veronica who was holding a bucket of beer, heading to the main balcony, second floor.

"Hey, Toni," the raven-haired girl greeted.

"Hi, V. You can consume all of that? That's a lot," Toni replied, chuckling.

Veronica gave her a sad smile. "Time to get drunk to forget unpleasant bullshit in my life. Wanna join me?"

Toni nodded. "Yeah, sure."

••

Cheryl was taking a shower and for the first time, her face was light and her lips would stretch to a smile from time to time, secretly. She was letting the moderately warm water run onto her body as her brain was replaying Toni's image over and over again. 

Her smile, giggle, sore voice and eyes from crying that she badly wanted to kiss away, and her lips—the lips that she was craving for everyday. Everything about her was absolutely beautiful. Simplicity is.

She was getting used to this feeling and she was trying not to, but maybe it wasn't that bad to be...happy, sometimes?

After taking a shower, she got herself dressed into a blue shirt and white denim shorts, before heading downstairs to check on her crew. 

While walking along the corridor, she heard giggles coming from the balcony, so she made her way there and stood by the doorway only to find Toni and Veronica laughing at something.

"That's so funny!" Veronica slurred and Toni giggled.

"Yeah, I know. That was just one of the most embarrassing moments of my life. I can't even tell the others."

They were still laughing when the wind went through so strong, causing some dirt and sand to fly and hit Veronica's eye.

"Fuck," she cursed, closing her left eye. "I think something just got in my eyeball. It stings."

"Need my help?" Toni offered, placing down her canned beer.

"Yes, please."

Toni moved closer to her, held her eye open and directly blew air into it. She did it a few more times until Veronica said it was enough.