-22-

Still lying on top of Cheryl who's currently unconscious, Toni tried to remove herself from the belt, but it was too tight to be unfastened

Still lying on top of Cheryl who's currently unconscious, Toni tried to remove herself from the belt, but it was too tight to be unfastened. Instead, she took her knife from the small zipper of her backpack and began slicing the straps of the parachute, hoping that it could help them get on the land.

She was on the second to the last strap when it suddenly gave her a scare the moment it almost fell but remained 2 feet away from the ground, so with that distance, she cut the belt off her waist and helped Cheryl lie down on the grass-coated surface.

She was too concerned just by looking at the girl's bruised cheeks and busted lips, the traces of blood in her nose canals and on her forehead-everything about it gave her chills in disruption.

Careless about her own bruises, she opened her bag and scanned for a clean cloth and bottled water, thankfully she got some supplies from her luggage earlier. She poured some on her hanky and then tenderly cleaned the cuts on Cheryl's face for a while.

She tried to wake her up, but the girl didn't even move a bit after a couple of calls. So, she decided to wait for her to gain consciousness and thought that as long as she was breathing, she would be fine.

After over half an hour, Cheryl coughed, while holding her head, her eyes were firmly closed. "Fuck," she muttered.

"CM?" Toni called, looking down on her, kneeling. "Hey, oh my god. You're up now." She smiled, caressing the girl's forehead with her eyes tearing up.

"Shit. A forest, really?" Cheryl spat, hissing. "The fuck are we-" She looked at Toni and noticed that her eyes were forming tears. "I'm alive, okay? Save that for my funeral that's scheduled 60 years from now."

Cheryl sat up, looking at her body full of scuffs from the branches and feeling her numb cheeks and jaws.

Toni exhaled. "Thank you for...making sure I'm fine," she said and weakly smiled.

Cheryl soughed, looking away. "It's not a big deal. Come on." She stood up as she licked her cut lips, looking around with her eyebrows meeting in the middle.

"Wait...you need to rest," Toni suggested, standing up.

"No." Cheryl shook her head. "There's no need for that. I'm fine."

"CM." Toni held her left hand, so the girl turned around and softly flashed her exhausted eyes. "We can rest here. I have chips and biscuits in the bag and...a bottle of water. Please?"

Cheryl sighed in agreement. "Okay, fine."

••

"What are we going to do here in this- horror, wrong turn-like forest?" Toni asked after drinking water.

"I don't know. Probably wait until one of us gets killed by one of those guys." Cheryl replied and Toni laughed.

"We need to look for a shelter or if not, we have to build one," she added while removing her blazer, leaving her in white long sleeves and a tie around its collar.