-35-

Range

"So... this is the wide field," Toni began while Brandon was walking with her, to the left, "this is where the 'troops' practice bloodshed and stuff."

Brandon shook his head as he tittered.

"I actually barely go here because gun sounds are very traumatizing," she added.

"This looks cool," the man replied, looking around. "I've been here when I was younger and I must say, it did look better."

Toni hummed.

"How long have you been working for my cousin again?"

Toni gulped. "Uh... since... that guy named Ace got evicted from the group. I was his immediate replacement."

Brandon nodded, convinced. "From an agency or... close contact?"

"Agency," Toni opted, anxious.

"Okay, cool. What are those?" Brandon asked, referring to the small-spaced shelter by the far corner.

"Oh, a shed. There's two more; at the back and at the bottom right of the field. It's just for taking a break," Toni informed. "Where do you wanna go next?"

"Hmm... shouldn't I be asking that?"

"Oh, yeah. Uhm... There's nothing much here," Toni snickered nervously, "basketball slash volleyball court, badminton, too, CM's private building's rooftop? Or the private room?"

"Private room." Brandon smirked and Toni thinned her lips uncomfortably.

"Damn," Brandon mumbled as soon as they walked in. "This is cool, not gonna lie," he added, looking at the hanging firearms on the wall. "Do you know how to use guns?" He asked while taking a pistol from the tables' drawer.

"Intermediate," Toni replied. "Uhm, hold on. That's CM's personal gun. She doesn't like anyone meddling with her personal things."

Brandon scoffed, extending his arms to test his eyes along the target. "I don't care. And also, he is his pronoun. Are you gonna tell him that I used this?"

He fired twice and both of them missed any target that made Toni hide a laugh.

"A little rusty in firing," he said, before offering the gun to Toni. "Wanna try?"

She shook her head, crossed arms. "I don't want her to get mad. It's not my property."

Brandon groaned. "It's 'him', correction. He's a man and he should be like one. No lame-shit-man should have that position. It's on Blossom rule," he said, heading to the table to choose another gun.

"That's why you're not wearing her title," Toni muttered.

"What did you say?" He asked, turning around with shrunken eyes and playful tongue with its accessory.

"What??" Toni asked, innocent. "I said... it should be you wearing his title, then?"

Brandon shrugged, leaning his lower back on the table's edge. "I'm next in line, for sure. I honestly thought Uncle Joe was gonna give me that position but of course... his faggot kid took over," he turned around and Toni glared at him, "I don't know what he has that they couldn't find in me."

"Brain and taste," Toni thought.

"Fuck hell, I'd make a good lead, don't you think so?" He asked, looking over his right shoulder to meet Toni's eyes.

Toni forced a smile.

"I'd imagine myself lying on a bed full of cash, then girls around me, and just... fuck. I'll be on cloud nine everyday," he laughed, "and you as my accountant? That's heaven," he said and Toni was clearly disgusted.