-46-

"CM?" Toni mouthed, scowling.

With a delicate smile on her face, Cheryl stepped closer. Her eyes scanned her from head to toe; she looked majestic. That new hair color and style suits her. Even though her limbs still felt frozen, she didn't wanna waste that chance, so she opened a conversation.

"Hey, she muttered. "You look incredibly beautiful. I uh... I almost didn't recognize you. I mean, uh, your hair."

Toni gulped. She seemed to be blank and she didn't know how to react in a certain way.

"Uhm..." Toni anxiously looked around. She could feel her hands sweating at this point.

"... Wh- What are you doing here?"

"Uh, I was uhm-" Cheryl cleared her throat, "for Brian. He is my cousin and I'm here to support his launch of Forth. What about you?"

Toni slightly scowled as she looked down. She felt her chest and stomach twisting.

"Are you okay?" Cheryl asked and held Toni's left arm.

Before Toni could answer, Lucas arrived.

"Hey, Lau- oh." His voice caught Toni's and Cheryl's attention in sync.

He stood by Toni's left and Cheryl stepped back.

"Lau, are you okay?" he asked, concerned.

Toni anxiously nodded. "Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine."

"Okay," Lucas mumbled before turning to Cheryl.

"Mr. Blossom. Nice to finally see you again in years..." He offered a handshake and Cheryl took it nicely. "... Uh, I didn't see you earlier."

Cheryl witnessed how Lucas held Toni's waist. It got her distracted.

"Engr. Gomez, congrats for this event. And to answer you, I was... late," she replied bluntly.

Lucas hummed. "By the way, I'm so honored to have worked with Sir Brian and of course, he'd always talk about your support. Thank you for the opportunity."

As they talked, Toni awkwardly stood by. She could feel Cheryl's eyes on her, so she did her best in avoiding her gazes.

"Address it to Brian, not to me," Cheryl replied as she moved her eyes on him.

Lucas smiled politely.

"Oh, by the way, I see you've made acquaintances with Sir Marrion?" he asked Toni who awkwardly thought of an answer.

She looked at Cheryl then back at Lucas as she said, "No. No, I don't know... him. He approached me."

Cheryl sullenly looked down. It hurt.

"Oh, right. Well, Mr. Blossom, her name is Clement," Lucas introduced formally.

Cheryl faked a smile. "Clement..." she nodded, "... your girlfriend?"

Lucas blushed, grinning. "Well, not yet," he chuckled, "but I'm courting her."

Cheryl looked at Toni whom she caught looking at her, too. Their glittered eyes met and it wasn't a usual contact. More of a longing one.

Cheryl, again, gave them a smile. "That's great."

Then, the wind blew a little aggressively. Since Toni was wearing a dress, she felt the breeze of the night. Cheryl noticed that and she attempted to give her coat to her, but Lucas took over.

"Hey, I know it's cold. You can wear this." Lucas took off his blazer and placed it around her shoulder. "Should we go now?"

Toni nodded, looking down. "I- I need to rest, too. I have reviews tomorrow."