-17-

6 pm

Limuel hit Ace's left leg with a baseball bat, hard, but controlled.

"Ahhhfghh!" He groaned through the mouth cork. "Leeshhh. I- rr cab-" His sweat mixed with blood falling down his skin, straight to the floor where he was placed, hung on his wrists.

Cheryl with arms crossed and clenched jaws was standing across, looking at him with her famous mad glare, piercing as ever.

"I'm losing patience, cousin," she said, stern, through her gritted teeth. "I know that you know what words I need to hear. You better give them to me before I forget our relationship. I'm giving you a chance until tomorrow and if you still act metal, I might have to put you in a melting process. Don't try me."

Limuel sighed, looking softly at the man's bruised torso, arms, legs, and face. "What do you want me to do, CM?"

"Clean this shit up and move him to the cell. You should rest too, tomorrow will be a long day," she replied before grabbing her blazer on the chair and walking out of the room.

She headed upstairs, passing the aisle of the front house, and was supposed to be going to the stairs when she bumped into Toni who's worriedly looking at her.

"What?" She asked, displeased.

"Uhm..you okay?" Toni replied, still with her concerned eyes. "I can hear Ace screaming up 'till the kitchen. Still nothing?"

"What do you think?" Cheryl asked blankly. "And why are you here? You should be in his office doing your job."

Toni nodded. "Yeah, I've finished 6 agendas for today. I've compiled the international and local records and I've already transferred them to a ledger and a soft copy."

Cheryl exhaled, tired and amazed with the girl's efficiency.

"Uhm, if you want, I actually baked cupcakes and cookies together with Pam and Lori."

Cheryl flatly looked at her before passing through, heading to the kitchen while Toni gazed in her direction, weakly smiling, and was about to move upstairs, but stopped when she heard her calling.

"Yeah?" She responded, standing by the kitchen archway.

"Take a seat," Cheryl replied, opening the lid of the container where the cupcakes were stored. "Have you eaten?" she added in a moderate tone, placing two plates on the counter.

"Actually, nope. I haven't because I don't know. It's weird."

Cheryl didn't respond but emplace two cupcakes on each plate, insisting to let her eat with her.

"Are you just going to stare at me or eat that?" She asked, still pissed.

"Eat you? Please not here," Toni replied, while Cheryl almost coughed the dough out.

"The cupcake, you vile woman."

Toni laughed. "I'm just kidding. You're too serious. Loosen up that bun a bit."

Cheryl glared at her, chewing.

"What? Does it taste like shit?"

"Thankfully, no."

Toni soughed. "Good. At least a plus point to me," she said and winked.

"Oh, no. Shut up."

"Uh, Lau," Limuel called, walking to them. "I mean, ugh, Toni. Be ready in 15 minutes. We're going out."

Cheryl scowled, confused.

"Okay," Toni said, hopping off the chair.

"And where the hell are you two going? Lim?"