-29-

"Yes!" Toni cheered, lively while walking around their room with Cheryl coming out from the closet wearing just pants and a towel hanging on her shoulder. "Yeah, of course. I'll be there. Yeah, thanks."

Grinning, Toni ended the call as she turned around, getting frozen when she saw Cheryl standing behind, displaying her bare upper body with those abs that she finds so-

"What was that about?" Cheryl asked, wiping her hair with the towel while Toni got her eyes frozen on, not her eyes, but lower. "Uh- you okay?"

Toni blinked a few times before moving her eyes on hers. "Uh, what? Are you saying something?"

Cheryl gulped when she realized that Toni was distracted by her body, so she shook her head. "Nothing, just, hold on," she casually covered herself with the towel, "my bad, I used to go out half naked, sorry." She turned around and headed to the closet, so Toni followed.

"Hey. Wait," Toni called, standing in front of Cheryl who's now holding a black long sleeve polo. "Sorry, I froze. I might have been staring at your-"

"Yeah, I know... it's a little weird to look at," Cheryl cut her off, embarrassed.

"No?" Toni countered. "I stared at it 'cause... uhm, you caught me off guard and I've always found you hot."

Cheryl chuckled, shaking her head and wearing her top. "Nah. All good. Are you talking to Tabitha?"

Toni pouted and kissed Cheryl softly on the lips. "I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable."

Cheryl shook her head. "It's fine." She flashed a small smile before beginning to button up her shirt, but Toni insisted on doing the work.

"Just wanted you to know that I stare at you a lot, especially without you knowing and that's a fact," Toni shared, smirking.

"You do?"

Toni shrugged. "Yeah. Also, I have lots of candid pictures of you in my phone," she added, laughing.

"Oh, shit. I hate my pictures." Cheryl sighed.

"Why? You're so fine, daddy Blossom," Toni teased as she reached the last button.

"Ugh. Thanks," Cheryl mumbled. "Enough talking about me. What was the news? You sounded so excited."

"Well," Toni licked her lips and grinned, "Megan is finishing junior high with honors, 4th in her class and Lester also is ending his sophomore year with honors. 2nd in his class, and like, I'm so fucking proud of them. I can't even," she announced proudly, making Cheryl smile as well.

"They did a great job. They deserved it," Cheryl replied, nodding.

Toni exhaled. "Can I celebrate with them? I mean- it's like the first week of May? Or if you want, you can join us? Just, if you're not busy, 'cause for sure, I'll do my tasks ahead of time," she rambled and Cheryl kissed her in reply.

"I'll be there. And, my treat."

Toni pouted. "Our? Maybe?"

Cheryl shrugged. "Sure," she said and Toni smiled. "So, I gotta get to the station. I'm having rounds and then range, and then district 7. It'll be a long day."

"Okay," Toni muttered. "I can do your hair?"

"Or you can do me, I won't mind." Cheryl wiggled her eyebrows and Toni laughed, rolling her eyes.

"I can do both, come on. I'll tie your hair." Toni took Cheryl's hand, leading them to the vanity area.

After Cheryl left the house, Toni stayed in her office to finish the books aligned for the afternoon. At 3 pm, she left her office and headed back to their room, thinking of doing the laundry after organizing the closet and so, she did.