-32-

8 am

As early as this time, Toni, wearing an olive green shirt, ripped jeans, and sneakers, was rushing her way out of her house, to supposedly check on an emergency when he met Jules who was walking towards the front door holding a piece of sunflower.

She stopped on her tracks, rolled her eyes, and avoided his way.

"Lau, wait!" He called repeatedly and blocked Toni from getting in her old silver Toyota Corolla car.

"Are you fucking stalking me? How did you even know that I'm staying here?! Did Tabitha tell you?"

"No... I saw you driving your old car."

"Okay then, what the hell do you want? I've already told you to stay away from me," Toni said, mad. "Don't talk to and go near me ever again." She attempted to open the door of the driver's seat, but Jules once again blocked it.

"Okay... look. I know what I did was wrong, I get it. I couldn't resist and I'm sorry if I'm too in love with you," he said sadly and Toni crossed her arms. "I'm really sorry."

Toni shook her head. "What you did, added to my anxiety, Jules. I've always been so honest about this matter. About us? But, why don't you stop?"

"You also said to me that you're not interested in being in a relationship because you don't have time. What happened then?" He rebutted and Toni looked away.

"Remember?" He added. "You should've told me that you don't want to take a chance with me. Right?"

"Look, I said that and it was true that time. I didn't know that I'll meet her and she's going to change my perspective. And also, I don't have anything to explain to you."

"I know, just... It's hard to explain, Lau. I hope you understand me, too." He sighed. "And that's why I'm here, apologizing. Over and over again even through the phone."

"She was mad at me and do you think by doing this would help me get things back to normal? Like after consecutive apologies?"

Jules looked down.

"Even though what you did wasn't the main reason why we broke up... you made me look unfaithful when in fact... she's the only person I'm always looking forward to seeing at the end of the day." She huffed. "And how do you think she felt like when she saw that fucking photo that obviously Veronica provided?"

"How did she even have that- who's Veronic-"

"It's none of your business, Jules. Just stop, please. We're already separated, yeah, but I still love her. Not to be rude, but you're causing more trouble, so just unlove me ASAP. Excuse me."

She pushed him to the side before hopping in and driving the car with bearable speed.

••

Grandville

"Arch, hey," Toni greeted before hugging the man. "How is she?" She asked, standing across Archie inside the clinic.

Archie sighed. "Insane over you. Did she actually think that, after being a punching bag in the ring, drinking, and then going to you with flowers using a fucking motorbike, would work? The hell is she thinking," he ranted.

Toni frowned, gloomily staring at Cheryl who was lying on the clinic bed with a dextrose attached in her left hand's vein, busted cheeks, and taped nose bridge with all the other bruises on display.

"Why is she still asleep? Did she hit her head?"

"No. Thankfully, she's wearing a helmet. It's just because she's drunk and tried. She's fine according to Doctor Val. She'll be conscious later on."