-9-

contains sensitive topic
if u r not comfortable, u can
skip when u see this❗

“Cousin, I’m really sorry. You have to stop it now,” Betty said worriedly through the phone call.

Cheryl’s nose was basically releasing smoke at this point. “Do something! I can’t delay anything! Last week has already been a bust, do your job, Betty!” she yelled madly, forcefully opening the door of her private firing range room.

“I’m really sorry. I did everything I could to divert the focus of the case but it’s now handled by the camp, not our department. Please, just do what you need to unless you want those cargos to be embargoed. I gotta go, cousin. I’m sorry.”

With that end of sentence, the line went dead, leaving Cheryl in anger. 

She threw her phone that landed roughly against the wall causing it to break in large pieces. She shouted inaudibly, her palms on her face before slamming them on the table. She deathly glared at the target before removing her blazer, throwing it on the floor, and leaving her in a button down long sleeves, now untucked from her slacks. She yanked the collar of her shirt making three buttons fly in the air, her top was now exposing her toned masculine chest. She took her gun from its holder and shot the target madly, consecutively until the bullets ran out. 

Toni had her break from training and came back just when Cheryl began shooting the target recklessly. She saw the anger in Cheryl’s eyes, the girl’s cheeks are also turning red from bursting emotions. When Cheryl stopped, panting and frantically pacing around the room, Toni sighed as she walked in.

As soon as Cheryl saw her by her peripheral sight, she stood straight and locked her eyes on the ground.

“Uhm, are you okay?” asked the girl who’s wearing the same style of outfit for training; tank top and cargo pants, together with a comfortable pair of boots.

“Continue your session,” Cheryl said, turning her back to Toni as she carelessly threw the pistol on the corner table. 

“Yeah, but...are you okay? It seems like you’re-” Toni attempted to walk to her but stopped when Cheryl yelled.

“I said, start shooting!”

Toni flinched on the loud voice that echoed through the furnished room before she stepped back once and turned around. She prepared herself with the precautions, took a pistol, and got it ready before extending her arms for the target. She closed her left eye, giving all the focus on the other and then, pulled the trigger thrice. This time, she learned how to balance her weight against the pressure of the gun, so she didn’t have to be held in place.

Cheryl turned around, eyes on the ground but looked up when she heard Toni exhaled loudly and heavily. She looked at her before the target; the bullets went on the fourth circle, bad aim away from the eye. 

She looked back at Toni who scratched her head before removing the magazine to reload it with the bullets. As soon as Toni locked them back in, Cheryl walked to her and warmly held her back by her left hand. 

Toni had goosebumps throughout her body, hiding it by looking down. Here she is again, inhaling the mint scent that was invading her lungs at the moment; the feeling and the smell that she was now getting used to.

Cheryl helped raise and extend Toni's dominant arm with its hand clutching the gun.

“Try to concentrate on the target. It has no rule to hold your breath while shooting, so stay calm,” Cheryl husked in a low tone.