-31-

Archie, with a lit cigarette in between his right hand's fingers, was leaning his right shoulder by the glass door frame at the back of the house across the pool where Toni jumped in. He was disturbed enough to lock his eyes at the peaceful scene, but his attention was taken when Sawyer tapped his left shoulder.

"Bro."

Archie hummed.

"I can still observe the distance you're giving CM. I miss your bond, not gonna lie," Sawyer said.

Archie sighed.

"Can I ask?"

"What about?" Archie replied before taking a drag.

"Why are you so stressed and affected about what happened to Toni?"

Archie, with his eyebrows knitted, glared at him. "Who wouldn't be pissed at that? Aren't you concerned?"

"I am. But not as aggressive as you are."

"Look, Pea. Toni and I are like siblings, okay? And you know why I'm so pissed at CM? She's so fucking lucky to have Toni and she's treating her like shit whenever she's mad or something. She can't even control her own behavior and Toni doesn't deserve that," he explained.

Sawyer nodded understandingly.

He added, "imagine... Toni chose to stay with her despite these crimes and despite her monsters and she's going to repay that with her trash actions? I'm not buying it, Pea. She's lucky to have someone who chooses her no matter what, but... " He exhaled as he looked ahead. "... It's too unfair."

"Got it. Aside from your concern for Toni, sure... you wanted Cora to do the same, huh? That's why you're pissed."

Archie kept quiet.

"Well... you're gonna stay this way for how long?"

Archie shrugged. "I don't know. We're professionals, all good."

Sawyer sighed and nodded.

Southside

"Tabs. Stop shooting that look on me," Toni whined quietly while Tabitha, with her mad eyes and serious face, continued to prepare the food containers on the kitchen counter.

Tabitha huffed. "Toni. It's been a week and a half and I'm still bothered of that fucking arm sling attached on you. This is what I was talking about, okay? And how stupid are you to jump in that pool. From a roof?! Are you fucking kidding me? You're crazy," she scolded and Toni looked down.

"I know. But... I wasn't thinking that right at that moment. I just wanted to prove that-"

"You love her? By killing yourself?" Tabitha cut her off, angry.

"Sorry."

"Don't say that to me. Apologize to your forgotten self because this is not you, Toni. You used to be smart, but now? I don't even wanna say it anymore."

Toni sighed.

"Just eat these. I'm going back to the office in an hour," Tabitha said while placing two plates on the table.

Toni pressed her eyes close in stress.

"Come on. Join me here," Tabitha demanded, calm but the annoyance in her voice could still be heard.

"Uhm... I'll go to the doctors to let them remove this sling, and for a check up as well, before the recognition day," Toni said.

"And for why? Is that even allowed? And what about your head?"