-33-

"Toni!" Tabitha called, banging her fist on the bathroom door. "You're taking so long, what the hell is going on? Are you okay?"

Toni sighed, anxiously looking at the mirror. "I'll be out. Give me a sec."

"Yeah, you gave me that answer 40 minutes ago. What are you doing there? You literally missed the whole movie we're watching."

Toni opened the door looking so distressed.

"What with that face?" Tabitha asked, worried and curious.

Toni gulped and when Tabitha pushed her to the side, she became more frustrated.

"What the- is that a pregnancy kit?" She asked with her knitted eyebrows, referring to the small box on top of the sink.

Toni looked down.

"Toni." Tabitha turned to her, pulling her to near the bed. "Are you pregnant?"

Toni blew out some stress air. "I... don't know."

"For fuck sakes, Toni. I thought you were safe?" Tabitha replied, mad.

Toni groaned and rolled her eyes before sitting on the bed. "We are. But I don't want her wearing... that thing," she mumbled.

"When was the last time you fucked?"

"Tsk, Tabs. Terms, please."

"Just answer."

"During the celeb a few weeks ago... and we were..."

"Drunk, I know. Because of that celebration that I don't even know what for. For a successful crime? Damn." Tabitha palmed her forehead, right hand on her hip. "What did the kit say?"

"I haven't tried it. I'm... scared."

"Are you sure about this?" Tabitha bit her bottom lip, stressed. "As far as I can observe, I don't see any symptoms... yet. Or maybe you're just paranoid? Did you tell her?"

"I haven't told her. I uhm... I'm delayed for like... almost 2 weeks now. I'm just... making sure that... gosh, this is stressing me out," she whined, laying her back on the sheet and grabbing one pillow to squeeze on her face.

"Look... if ever you are... are you keeping it?"

Toni looked at her weakly.

"Hey, where have you been?" Lester, seated on the carpet-covered floor, asked when Tabitha and Toni walked in his room.

"Yeah. The movie is almost done," Megan said, seated to his right.

"We just had a bathroom situation. You know, girl thing," Tabitha reasoned while Toni sighed, faking a smile.

"Come on. Let's finish this?" Megan suggested, taking some chips from the bowl.

"Yeah, of course," Toni replied.

Right after the movie ended, Toni cleaned the area, making sure that ants won't go chasing the leftovers.

"You're going back to your girlfriend tomorrow?" Lester asked, walking out of the bathroom

Toni nodded. "Yeah. Why?"

"We'll miss you," he replied, sitting on the bed. "Thanks for staying with us the whole break."

Toni smiled. "Of course. You won't miss me that much. You'll be busy at school," she said, tying the black bin bag.

He sighed, nodding. "Come and visit us, okay?"

"Oh, for sure." Toni grinned. "You're almost done with high school, damn. I'm so proud of you. And Megan, too."

He looked down, so Toni sat to his left. "What is it?"