-10-

"Uhm, why did you bring me here?" Toni asked, looking around the abandoned place

Cheryl just looked at her and scoffed as she opened the car door. Toni followed shortly and stood to her right, staring at the rundown building in the middle of extended space, somewhere in Riverdale.

"This is an exact place where murder happens in movies, right?" Toni asked, chuckling to cover her fear.

"Tss. You can hold a gun but you can't go inside that building?" Cheryl asked, looking at Toni who gulped as her eyes roamed around the eerie place.

"It's not only that. I have uhm...nyctophobia. I really can't go in there or I'll pass out from a heart attack," she said, "who owns this place before by the way?"

Cheryl exhaled. "Come on, let's head out."

"Wait," Toni called, holding Cheryl's arm.

"What? I thought you're scared?"

"Uhm- I'll be fine...are we really going in? Why?"

"Look, I don't know why I brought you here, but dark is my comfort place and obviously, it doesn't suit you. So, come on."

Toni shook her head. "Weirdo," she mumbled.

"I heard it," Cheryl said while opening the door for Toni.

"Sorry," Toni said as she walked into the car.

[ride]

"Seriously, why did you bring me there?" Toni asked quietly, still sniffling.

"It's peaceful and no one would judge you there. I don't understand why people hate places like that. It's art in my eyes, and it's comforting."

Toni slightly widened her eyes. "So, it means, you're spending your time there alone?" Toni asked, "are you crazy?"

"I do and I am," she replied.

Toni shook her head. "Unbelievable. Aren't you trespassing?"

Cheryl sighed serenely. "I technically own that building and that whole land space."

"What? Really? Damn. I mean, why did I even act surprised? Of course, you're a Blossom."

Cheryl remained quiet, letting the girl to her right distract herself with composing questions. She's brilliant enough to let her think of something to be able to get rid of her dark thoughts.

"Why did it get abandoned? What was that place made for?"

"It's uhm...my grandpa's from my mother's side and it was actually an orphanage before. It rotted when grandpa died because mom got tied up with this shit I'm dealing with right now."

Toni looked down. "Sorry. I'm asking too much."

"I'll let your talkative tongue pass for now. Consider me as a stranger tonight," she said before pulling the car over, "we're here."