2: Best Friends

Park Chaeyoung's POV

"We are just best friends.", I said for the third time to the girls.

I started to regret agreeing to hang out with them on this fine Saturday. They have been teasing me about my relationship with Eunwoo since half an hour ago. Even though they knew that Eunwoo and me are best friends, they still teased me anytime they have a chance to do so.

"Hear that, girls?", Jisoo responded first.

"Yesss", Lisa and Jennie said in unison.

"They're not BFF. They're just BF.", Jisoo replied back.

I shook my head at their ridiculousness, "What?"

"BFF stands for best friends forever. But we know you and Eunwoo will never be best friends forever. The title will change sooner or later.", Lisa explained even though I actually understood what they mean.

"I can't wait for the time to come.", Jennie said.

"Me too. These two better confess before I get married.", Jisoo replied in which made me shook my head.

"Why do we need to confess before you get married, unnie?", I asked out of curiosity.

"Because I want to see you come to my wedding with him as your boyfriend.", I regretted asking her that question.

Jennie and Lisa squealed at Jisoo's answer. Their reaction made me excused myself to go to the toilet to get away from their teases.

When I got into the toilet, I sighed at the thought of Eunwoo who I have not seen for almost a week now. He has been busy with his multiple jobs and I have been busy with my own things too. I let out another sigh after realizing how hard it is to find a job that fits what you learnt in college. Maybe I should be lenient to myself like Eunwoo. Not being choosy and take any jobs I can. But then again, I am not Eunwoo.

He might be working multiple jobs for now but he has his own goal. These jobs he has for now is to prepare him for his dream life. Unlike me, I am looking for job that suited my studies and interest. We both learnt business but my passion is more towards fashion and that is where I am stuck at. Looking for a job in the fashion industry is not easy. Especially when you learnt business as your major.

"I shouldn't learn business from the start.", I mumbled while fixing my hair. "But then, I wouldn't be close to Eunwoo if I took fashion studies.", I added as I remembered how I became close with Eunwoo because we studied the same thing at the same university and we are also from the same neighbourhood.

I always felt thankful to have him as my neighbour and classmate. We always get to go back home together and study together which made us closer than when we were in high school. He helped me a lot in my studies and I never regret knowing him.

"Chae!!", the loud voice from outside startled me.

"Yes?", I replied as I opened the water tap, pretending that I am still busy inside the toilet.

"I'm sorry to interrupt but your phone has been ringing for quite a while, Chae.", I heard Lisa saying so I asked her who called me. "Your dad.", she answered me.

I closed the water tap and tried to think why my father suddenly called me. I have told him in the morning that I went out to see my friends. I was sure he was fine when I left him. He cannot be getting another heart attack again...

💫

Jeon Jungkook's POV

As much as I hated to be here, I had to comply to my father's command. I cannot disobey him on this. He was right. He never asked me to do anything and this is the only one time he asked me to do as he said. Even though it is hard, I had to. I just had to.