7: Way Home

Cha Eunwoo's POV

The sound coming from my phone really annoyed me in this peaceful Saturday morning. It was my third alarm clock but I was not ready to wake up yet. Guess I missed lying on this bed since I have always been busy working before this. So, for now let me just hide under the covers that Chaeyoung gifted me for my twentieth birthday for a little while.

I was still sleepy when the next alarm blared through my ears. I hurriedly took the covers away from my head and looked at my phone. I sighed, "I should change the alarm.."

I used to put my alarms every 3 minutes before this even on Saturday because I work everyday. Now that I have got a stable job that only on Monday till Friday, I should make changes on my weekend alarms.

As I woke up, I put my feet on the slippers beside my bed with a smile. It was another gift from Chaeyoung for my birthday last year. The design always made me smiling when I looked at it. Plus, it reminded me of Chaeyoung's grumpy face when she saw how worn out it has gotten after a year of being used.

The Ice Bear character from We Bare Bears was the design she chose for the slippers. I blamed her for choosing Ice Bear out of the three bear siblings. The slippers will not look that bad if she chose Grizzly design instead.

(I can't find Ice Bear slippers alone so here's 3 of them together hahah 😅)

Walking out to the small living room of my apartment, I went to open the windows that have been shut for days and smiled looking down to the neighbouring houses.

"Good morning, my lovely neighbourhood.", I said before I had a thought to text Chaeyoung even though she never replies to me since the last time we met.

💫

Jeon Jungkook's POV

Saturday should be relaxing and enjoyable at the same time for everyone. But that is not the case for me. When I should be spending it with someone I love, I was stuck with someone else instead. All just because of one condition which I had to obey no matter what.

"Jeon Jungkook. I asked you.", her voice bothered me. I glanced at her as we stopped at the red light. "Do we really have to do this?", she asked me.

"Do we really have to do what?", I questioned her back.

She sighed, "This. Date or whatever you want to call it."

I scoffed quietly, "Why? Can't we date? We're going to get married anyway. We should at least know each other a little bit so the answer to your question is yes. We really have to date."

"Why..."

"Shh, I'm driving and this is the first thing you'll learn about me. I don't like to talk when I'm driving. I need to focus.", I cut her off as I did not want to talk with her. I mean I will but not now when I am driving.