Alternate Chapter 38: Option

Park Chaeyoung's POV

I checked my face for the last time using my phone's camera in the elevator on my way to Jungkook's condominium unit. I did not do much with makeup as it was going to be a day dating at home for us. We were supposed to go out on a date today, but Jungkook called me last night telling me he was not feeling very well to go out, so here I am coming to check up on him.

He did not know that I was coming but who doesn't like surprises?

When the elevator opened, I put my phone in my bag and I took a deep breath as I walked to his door. I would not lie that I felt a bit nervous at the moment. This was going to be my second time coming here minus the time I saw Yeri greeted me instead of Jungkook a few months ago.

"Relax, Chaeyoung. Why am I so nervous right now?", I stopped for a moment.

It was only a few steps away from his door. I tried to calm my nerves by doing a little breathing exercises. When I felt better, I continued to walk to his door.

"Okay, Chaeyoung. You're here. Let's surprise him.", I smiled as I thought of something.

When I reached his door, I tapped the doorbell and hid myself beside the door. I knew Jungkook would be annoyed with me. I waited for a while before I hit the doorbell again without showing myself to the camera in front of the door. He had not opened it yet, I wondered if he had come to the door on the other side.

The third time I hit the doorbell, he finally opened the door and appeared outside to check for himself. I smiled widely while waving my hand before he pulled me into a hug. There was a big smile on his face too, he must be shocked to see me here in the morning.

"Chaeyoung, what are you doing here, hm? I thought we're calling it a rain check this weekend.", his smile was still there as he let me free from his arms.

"Surpriseeee..", I said before I tried to kiss his lips but he put his palm to block me.

"I have a little fever, babe.", he told me before catching my hand and led me inside his unit. "What's that in your hand?", he asked as he looked at my left hand that was holding a bag beside me.

"Oh, I made you chicken soup. Have you eaten anything yet?", I asked him back.

He shook his head while pouting like a baby, "I ate sandwiches at the airport last night. After that, nothing."

I looked at him with pity before he pulled me down to sit with him on the sofa in the living room.

"You've worked too hard, Jungkook. Now that I'm here, you have to rest. Okay?", I cupped his face and pinched his cheeks lightly before getting up from the sofa.

"Where are you going?", he pulled my hand.

"I'm going to put this soup into a bowl and make sure you eat before it gets cold. Just give me a minute in the kitchen, can you?", I took the bag I brought with me as Jungkook let go of my hand.

Jeon Jungkook's POV

Chaeyoung was always doing her best. She had always shown her efforts to learn to love me more. She never lacked or made any mistake since the night she admitted having feelings for me a month ago.

I should not be triggered by what Yeri said to me in Japan. I should not be affected at all but here I am having a fever due to the overthinking Yeri caused me. Heck, I should not even be bumping into her after the meeting with the investors there.

"Jungkook, which one would you like to drink? Strawberry milk or banana milk?", Chaeyoung asked me as she appeared at the kitchen entrance.

I smiled to see the drinks she bought, "You know my favourite."