25: Untold

Jeon Jungkook's POV

Once I saw Chaeyoung walking further away from the school, I opened my mouth to begin talking to this taller guy in front of me.

"How long have you known Chaeyoung?", I asked as I bounced the ball repeatedly without giving it back to him.

"More than 10 years.", he answered while watching me handling his basketball.

"Are you the only best friend she has?", I asked him as I started dribbling the ball near to the hoop.

He began moving to defend and smiled in front of me, "She got more but I'm the only guy among them."

I nodded before I tried to shoot but he managed to block it. He took over the ball and scored one easily as he jumped, "1-0."

I scoffed at him.

"Are we in a competition right now?", I asked him with a little glare that I intended to give at him.

"No.", he answered in short before scoring another point.

I shook my head at his competitiveness which burned my spirit up, "If not, what's with mentioning the point here?"

He stopped moving after getting his ball back.

"Actually I think we are in a competition now.", he said before he bounced the ball and walked to the center of the court.

I followed him and took my position facing him.

"May I know what are we competing for, Eunwoo-ssi?", I asked with a glare as I readied myself to win over him.

His eyes were sharp as mine before he responded, "We're competing to be the best." He bounced the ball and I took the chance to take it from him. "For Chaeyoung.", he added.

I smirked at him.

"What do you mean? Aren't I the best boyfriend for her already? And you...you're already entitled her best friend if you forget that.", I made my way slowly to the hoop while keeping the ball with me.

"Then, why do you seem challenged by me?", he asked as he deflected the ball from me and took control of it back.

I scoffed at how he managed to read me in such a short time.

"Are you scared you'll lose her because of this best friend she has?", Eunwoo asked me before he made an attempt to shoot from outside the three-point line. "4-0.", I looked in disbelief at how the ball easily found its way to the hoop.

"Okay, how much points are we playing here?", I asked in a serious tone.

Eunwoo smiled before telling me to play for two games with 15 points each. I accepted the challenge and we played intensely until the sun came straight above our heads. It was when he almost wins the second game I got really pissed off with him.

"Actually, truth be told, I don't like you for Chaeyoung.", his words somehow hurt me as I can only watch him aiming for a shot. "There, 15-11. You lose.", he went to take his ball as I stared at him while holding in my anger.

"What's with you not liking me for Chaeyoung?", I asked him while clenching my fist.

He saw it as he walked towards me.

"I don't mean to be rude but I want to say the truth.", he said as he stood in front of me.

"What truth?"

"The truth of how you seemed desperate to get her love. I can see that you're really showing your efforts to love her but...she seemed not giving the same energy to you. I'm just stating from how I see it and how I know Chaeyoung. Maybe you should take it slow with her. You're moving too fast, Jungkook-ssi.", I scoffed at his words before seeing him taking his sling bag and put it around his shoulder.