Alternate Chapter 39: Priority

Park Chaeyoung's POV

27 December was finally here.

After a few things happened in the previous months, Jungkook and I decided to change our wedding day to this date. I was just done changing to my wedding dress and am currently waiting to be called to go to the church. Jungkook had made sure that everything would go smoothly for both of us today.

Everything was perfect until I heard a commotion outside of the room.

"You've got to be kidding now!"

"Lisa, what's wrong?",I came out to ask as I saw my best friends seem to look tensed as Lisa was on the phone with someone.

"No, I'm not going to give her the phone.", Lisa was whispering but I still could hear her as I walked closer to them.

Jennie and Jisoo tried to block me from getting to Lisa.

"Chaeyoung, it's nothing.", Jennie said.

"Let me tell her myself!", that was Eunwoo's voice.

My eyes widened when I realized that the phone in Lisa's hand was mine. I forgot that they kept it from me as I was changing earlier.

"That's Eunwoo, right?", I asked them.

Lisa sighed as she turned to me, "He wants to tell you something."

She handed me the phone and I took it to my ear.

"Hello.", I did not know why I felt nervous when I was going to see him in less than an hour as he was the best man for my wedding later.

"Chaeyoung, hey. Um...listen..", his tone made me more nervous.

"I'm listening, Eunu."

"Yeah, um...it's about Jungkook. I'm sorry but you have to cancel the wedding today.", the sentence made me shocked.

I looked around to my best friends who were also my bridesmaids for the wedding, "What do you mean? Eunwoo? Where's Jungkook?"

"The bachelor party, did something happen there?", I remembered that he had thrown a bachelor party for Jungkook in Jeonju two days ago.

"..."

"Eunwoo, answer me, please."

He sighed as if he found it hard to tell me.

"Eunwoo..please.."

"We had a fight. I found out about the company I work for and my father. We both were drunk and I ran out to be alone. I didn't know he followed me, when he caught up to me, I pushed him and...and he was hit by a car."

"What??!"

💫

Cha Eunwoo's POV

It was all my fault.

I should not have blamed Jungkook or Chaeyoung for not telling me the truth about the company I worked for, yet I did it the night before they were supposed to be married. Chaeyoung must have hated me for this.

"Jungkook! Jungkook, where is he?! Eunwoo!!", Chaeyoung's shrilling voice made me feel worse.

As I turned to see her, I was slapped on my face before I even got to look at her clearly.

"What have you done to him?!", she asked while hitting me with both her hands.

Her best friends who seemed to be coming with her tried to stop her but she kept on hitting me in front of the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) where Jungkook was put to.