Alternate Chapter 40: One & Only

Park Chaeyoung's POV

Today was the day when Jungkook and I were to be united in marriage—a day brimming with promises and dreams. The setting was exquisite, adorned with blossoms and twinkling lights, creating an atmosphere of pure magic. I stood in my resplendent white gown, feeling a rush of emotions that were a combination of excitement, nervousness, and an overwhelming sense of happiness.

Beside me stood my father, a man of unwavering support and love, ready to walk me down the aisle. With each step, emotions flooded me with anticipation, joy, and a tinge of nervousness. His arm around mine was both grounding and reassuring as we made our way towards the altar.

At the end of the aisle stood Jungkook, my soon-to-be husband, his eyes fixed on me with a smile that radiated love and happiness. His gaze made my heart flutter, and I could not help but return his smile, feeling a surge of overwhelming love for this incredible man waiting for me.

As my father and I continued our journey down the aisle, the room was filled with a serene melody and the soft whispers of our guests, creating an atmosphere of pure enchantment.

However, the tranquility was unexpectedly interrupted by a sudden commotion. A figure rushed into the hall, stopping abruptly in front of us as we reached the altar. When I turned around, I was surprised to see that it was Eunwoo, my best friend, his eyes wide with urgency.

"Stop the wedding! Chaeng, please...", he pleaded, trying to catch his breath.

Confusion and worry spread through the room as all eyes turned to him, wondering about his unexpected arrival and the urgency in his voice.

Jungkook squeezed my hand gently, silently assuring me as I waited for Eunwoo to speak, my heart racing with apprehension.

"What's wrong, Eunu?", I asked him.

It was really surprising to see him here since he said that he could not make it due to his flight issue. Now that I saw him here, why do I feel nervous and scared?

"Chaeyoung...", he seemed hesitant.

"Eunwoo, are you alright, bro?", Jungkook asked him.

The two of them looked at each other.

"Jungkook, you can't marry Chaeyoung.", Eunwoo suddenly said.

Everyone gasped at what they heard. I was equally shocked as Jungkook held my hand tighter.

"What are you saying, Eunwoo?", he asked.

I could see that he was holding himself from making a scene here.

"You can't marry Chaeyoung.", Eunwoo repeated his words.

"Why?", Jungkook replied.

"Eunu, what's going on?", I added, I was confused too.

Eunwoo stepped forward and grabbed my hand, "Chaeyoung, I love you."

"What?", both me and Jungkook uttered in unison.

"I'm sorry I took this long to confess but you can't marry Jungkook. He doesn't deserve you, Chae. I love you more than he does and I have loved you longer-"

"Shut your damn mouth, Eunwoo!!", Jungkook threw a punch on Eunwoo's face right in front of everyone present.

The calm and pure atmosphere suddenly turned into a chaos as the two of them were fighting in front of my eyes. People tried to pull them away from each other but they kept on pushing everyone away. I was embarrassed with their childishness and cried as I watched people were leaving the venue. These two men fighting over me on my supposed happiest day was the least that I expected today. No one could stop them except me so I...