K l a u s

A/N: Here's the alternative ending to the Klaus one. 

TW: Attempted suicide

-

Previously...

"For two years now, you'd been in a relationship with the infamous Niklaus Mikaelson. You'd known him quite a while before that, and you also knew that loving him was not going to be easy."

"You emptied the wooden bullets out and replaced them with normal bullets. You weren't sure why you put in all six, you only needed one to die."

"What are you doing?"

"What does it look like?"

"It looks like you're about to do something you'll regret the moment you do it."

"Goodbye, Niklaus."

*bang*

Presently...

*2nd person POV*

You didn't die.

The very second your finger pulled the trigger, Niklaus had lunged at you, knocking the gun out of your hand. The bullet had missed your skin, making a hole in the wall instead. He wrapped his arms around you, holding your writhing body back from reaching for the gun again.

"Stop it! Let me go!" You wailed, struggling against his grip, which you knew was too strong for you to get out of. "I need to do this!"

He said nothing, and he didn't move. He just held you in your place and let you struggle until you could calm down. It pained him unfathomably to see you like this, and he understood the feeling.

You did so longer than he expected, thrashing and crying and cursing him. Most of your words were incoherent. Your hair was sticking to your face because of the tears painting your cheeks and the excess of spit from crying. After a bit, you stopped trying to escape him and just started crying. Your facial features were frozen in a way that made you look like you were in excruciating pain, silently screaming in agony. Your head began to hurt, and you gripped at your hair as if that would stop it, shrinking into yourself and sitting on the floor in a ball. Choked breaths came from your throat, as you almost forgot to breathe multiple times. 

"Klaus- I'm gonna thro-ow up," You choked out when you felt bile rise in your throat. He picked you up and carried you into the bathroom, setting you down so that you could hurl the pitiful contents of your stomach into the toilet. Klaus held your hair back, slowly rubbing your back to soothe you.

"Better?" He asked once you had settled. By now your entire body was shaking. As you had barely been able to make yourself eat the past few weeks, there wasn't much for your body to get rid of, so you had sat there gagging for a minute.

You shook your head, wiping your mouth with toilet paper before flushing and sinking to the tile floor. Although crying had not given you the satisfaction and release it makes you think it does, you had no more physical strength left to do anything. Realizing this, he gently picked you up again and walked slowly towards the bed. 

Everything he did was with extreme caution and care, making sure you felt as comfortable and safe as he could ensure. He wasn't going to let this happen ever again.

-

A/N: I'm going to be honest, I don't know what it's like to try to commit suicide (and survive it), or get shot, or die, or anything else. I did research and I did try to make it as realistic as I can but in the end only those who have experienced these things really know. If there is something I portrayed incorrectly, please tell me and I will try to fix it.