Part 91

Daily reminder: speak beautiful things ;)
___________________________

Finn's pov

I know Nick will watch over her like I asked, it's hard thinking of sleeping in bed alone without her to cuddle with. Three months is long, and it will be really hard to do without her. But it's easy to remember that I used to do this all the time. Leaving my family to film, I used to enjoy staying to myself without anyone holding me back. I have no clue how I used to live my life that way. Then I got amazingly lucky having a stunning fiancé like Y/n. People say we're only together because I got her pregnant, but they're wrong. We we're together for a while before I got her pregnant, I know we started off just as fuck buddies- but I couldn't help but fall for her more every second I spent with her.

Two months later..

Y/n and I FaceTimed every second we could, the filming was going great. But it turns out the director, Jace- is a very hard working man. He's so into what he does, he's like a workaholic. There's only a couple of more weeks of filming, I'm so excited to go home and see Y/n. That's my only motivation right now to finish this movie. So first thing in the afternoon I headed to the set, when I walked in the producer greeted me which was weird he never does that.
"Goodmorning, Mr. Wolfhard." He smiles.
"Hey morning." I say.
We started to walk together,
"Johnny is still in hair in makeup, so I assumed he wouldn't be on set." He says.
"True he does take a while." I chuckle.
That's when my phone started ringing-
The producer continued to walk and I stopped in my place, it's Y/n. But she's not FaceTiming me, I felt the chill down my spine.

*Phone call*

"Morning my love, sorry this isn't a good time. Call I call you later? We're about ready to start shooting with Johnny-" I say.
"Finn- I think I'm having contractions." She says with this worry in her voice.
I felt speechless-
"What? No no we're supposed to have more than a month left." I say.
"I know it might be Braxton Hicks but I had them before, it doesn't feel like this." She explains.
"Did you call the doctor?" I ask.
"Yeah I did, she said I should come in right away." Y/n sighs.
"Well that's good she's being careful, maybe it's a false alarm." I say.
"Maybe but- I don't think so." The worry in her voice made my heart drop.
There was a moment of silence,
"Is Nick taking you?" I ask.
"No, he broke his leg remember?" She asks.
Fuck.
"I got to go, um I'll call you when I get to the hospital. Just pick up if you can." She says.
"Y-Yeah okay." I say.

*End of call*

The worry came rushing through my veins, I stood there processing everything. I turned around and the director was walking up to me.
"Hey Finn." He smiles.
"Hey." I say.
"So Johnny should be done in like five, then we'll do a rehearsal, sounds good?" Jace asks.
"Uhm listen, I think my fiancé is in labor." I say.
"Oh wow! Congratulations that's awesome." He says with enthusiasm.
"Thank you- six weeks early. I know with twins it's normal to be early but that's normally three weeks, this is- six weeks." I explain.
"I'm sure it'll be fine, my brother he had his son super early- and now the kid just graduated top of his class." Jace chuckles.
It's like he doesn't understand how worried I am feeling right now.
"-That's nice. Well you know she seemed, scared. She's basically alone- I think I should go to her." I say.
"Okay-" He says.
There was a moment of silence.
"Okay uh- I'll try to move quickly here. We could probably get this done in six or seven hours. Then I'll talk to the producer, we can push the other days back and we can get you out of here first thing in the morning. How's that sound?" Jace asks walking away.
"I don't think that's going to work-" I say.

He stopped and turns around,
"What are you saying?" He asks walking back to me,
"Johnny is done!" The producer yells from a distance then leaves,
"Thank you!" Jace yells then looks at me again,
He was waiting for my response. I can't let Y/n go through this alone, even if it's a false alarm.
I sighed,
"I'm sorry." I say.
He looks at me like I'm telling him it's the end of the world-
"I'm sorry Jace, tell Johnny I said I'm very very sorry- but I have to go." I say walking away.
Jace stood there watching me walk away.
Immediately I ran out to the private drivers,
Then got in the car.
"The airport please." I say.
"Oh Finn Wolfhard, aren't you supposed to be filming?" He asks.
"Yes but my fiancé is in labor and I need to get to her." I say.
"Oh well the closest place I can take you is a car rental around the corner." He says.
"What? Why?" I ask.
"I'm sorry I'm not allowed to drive that far to an airport." He sighs.
"Fine take me there." I say.
The car ride was a total of two minutes, so I madly got out the car without thanking the driver. I rented a car, then started to drive to the airport. It's about an hour away plus New York traffic, shit. So I drove worried and overthinking about everything.
___________________________

The moment has finally come.. :)