Chapter 45 - Hypnagogic

We had gotten to the front of the house by now, so we just opened the front door and entered.

Dr Matt and John were seated in the same position I had left them but there was a boy in front of them. The witches were nowhere to be seen and I guessed they were in the kitchen cooking dinner.

My guts subtly told me the boy sitting in front of the protectors was the so called 'Lucas' the witches continuously spoke of.

We walked closer to the bench Dr Matt and John were sitting down on "How was your breath of fresh air?"  Dr Matt asked with amusement "I hope it was exhilarating"

"I guess" I replied him. The stroll was actually exhilarating. There was just something about expressing yourself to someone, especially someone you can trust. I sort of felt at peace not only with myself but everyone.

"Thanks for keeping an eye on her Genesis" John appreciated Genesis.

Genesis nodded his head in acknowledgement of John and Dr Matt's gratitude. Genesis and I stayed glued to the spot beside the bench. I was waiting for someone to do the introductions between Lucas and I.

"You are Genesis?" The boy said. The first thing I noticed about him was that he had a very manly voice. I stared at him. I couldn't quite tell if he was tall or not because he was sitting down but he had long legs, so he was definitely going to be tall.

He was a very attractive lad and he had brown curly hair that made his caramel eyes pop out.

Genesis didn't act astonished when the guy asked whether Genesis was his name or not and I wasn't expecting him to. Our names apparently preceded us everywhere we went.

"Yeah" Genesis responded.

The guy averted his eyes to mine "And you must be Alina?" I nodded my head.

"I'm Lucas" He introduced himself with a huge grin that made me want to smile too.

My eyes gazed into his caramel eyes and his eyes did the same too.

Call me a psychic or a shrink, but I had a gut feeling that we were going to get along just fine.

.......

"Dinner is ready" Ludmila shouted on the top of her voice. I honestly didn't understand why she had to shout because everyone was practically in the main room.

Lucas had left before Ludmila came in because Clarice had called him to help them in cooking dinner.

He was probably the master chef in the house and I couldn't wait to taste dinner.

By this time, it was already dark. Agatha had lit candles before Ludmila had entered to illuminate the darkness of the room.

Apparently, there was no form of electricity in Nirvana. They lived in the stone age here.

"Let's go" Ludmila beckoned for us to follow her. She was the only witch that came out to call us. I assumed the other witches were stuffing their mouths.

We all stood up and followed her without questions. She went outside and I silently wondered if she was taking us to our burial graves. I discarded the thought as quickly as it came.

Ludmila led us behind the house and I saw there was a big round wooden table with eight wooden chairs, enough to take each of us.

It was fascinating to know their dining room was outside.

Clarice, Agatha and Lucas were already seated down. There were plates filled with food in front of each chair on the table. I could smell the pungent and spicy aroma of the food, and I began salivating.