Chapter 42 - Nirvana

Dr Matt had told me they were three witches not one.

My eyes searched for any witch tendencies in her appearance. There was no sign of a broomstick or a wicked black cat but she had grey hair.

After I had finished scrutinizing her appearance, I walked towards them without blinking an eyelash and saw Genesis introducing himself to the old lady.

"Ali" Genesis acknowledged my presence when I had gotten closer to them. He was wearing a wide grin "I told you everything was going to be alright"

"Hm" I mockingly replied.

John and Dr Matt parted away from the strange woman that had been calling Derek earlier in the cave.

"You must be Cali-" The strange woman creased her eyebrow "Or Alina?" I wasn't surprised she knew my name because she had known Dr Matt and John's name before she even saw them.

"Yes" I answered her. My response earned a smile from her which me unsure whether she was a witch or not. Witches from the fairytales I read weren't supposed to be friendly.

"And you must be the one of the witches of Gaia?" I asked her in return. I was dying to know if she was really one of the witches of Gaia.

She gave me one of her warm smile before saying "I see my title precedes me"

My suspicions were right. "I could say the same too" I smiled- because she had known my name before I had the opportunity to tell her.

"Where's Zoey?" The strange woman asked rather abruptly.

"She's missing" Genesis informed her.

"Oh" She responded with a brooding look on but quickly replaced it with a happy expression.

"This is Clarice" John went ahead to introduce her "One of the witches as you know" I nodded my head in acknowledgement.

Clarice had a dozen questions to answer from me to say the least.

"Oh dear" Clarice exclaimed raising her arm "We have to get back to the others- they would be worried by now"

Others? My instincts told me the others she was referring to were the remaining witches. I looked over at Dr Matt's face and I saw the doubts imprinted onto his face. He didn't trust her and I wouldn't blame him.

"Shall we be on our way?" She asked us.

John glanced at Dr Matt waiting for a reply. After some minutes, Dr Matt nodded his head signaling he agreed.

Clarice started walking in front of us while the remaining of us began trotting behind her and I used the opportunity to assess her appearance thoroughly. I had already conceded that she clearly didn't look like the witches portrayed in Disney movies.

She didn't seem like she was one to ever want to hurt a fly or even an innocent being.

My mind kept going to what my dad had told me- 'There's more to the story than you know'

What if there was more to the story and she wasn't the supposed antagonist in this story? "Do you really think she's one of the witches of Gaia?" I asked in a soft voice.

There was a huge gap between Clarice and the four of us, so I was certain that the witch had no hearing range to our conversation.

Dr Matt exhaled rather boisterously "One can only hope" Despair was written all his face and he was afraid just like the rest of us.

"Why did you and Dr Matt have creepy expressions when Clarice said that strange sentence in another language?" Genesis turned to John. I was happy that Genesis had likewise noticed that.