Prologue

"Y/N, why are you so shy all the time?" your best friend, Seulgi questions. You shrug your shoulders, biting onto your lower lip as you stare over at your crush from across the room. "Just go ask him out!" she says while pushing you forward.

You immediately shake your head, gripping onto the nearest object you can to prevent her from pushing you further towards him.

"No!" You say. This causes Seulgi to roll her eyes before stepping directly in front of you.

"You want to go out with him, right?" she questions. You nod. "Well, he won't exactly go on a date with a girl that he's barely spoken to before."

You glance over at him, admiring him for a few seconds.

He has thick, perfect eyebrows, earrings dangling from his ears, and he has dark brown hair. His plump lips are curved into a smile as he laughs while talking to his friends. His hair is styled messily with a few strands hanging over his forehead.

You bite onto your lower lip.

Lucas is something else.

You look over at Seulgi once more before sighing.

"I can't talk to him, Seulgi."

"Why not? Does he have cooties?" she sasses. This causes you to let out a soft laugh before immediately shaking your head. "Then what is it?"

"I prefer just saying hi to him during our college lectures." You state. She rolls her eyes before fixing her jet black hair. She stands up straight, shoulders back before taking a deep breath.

"Since you can't do it, let me show you how it's done." She says before immediately stepping towards Lucas and his group of friends.

You widen your eyes, wanting to stop her before backing out as you realize you'd have to talk to Lucas if you did.

She approaches one of his friends in the friend group and starts a conversation.

She exudes confidence.

She's dressed in a black mini skirt, a leather jacket with a band t-shirt underneath it, and a pair of black boots. She's wearing some concealer with CC cream, a light layer of blush, and a red lip tint.

She looks badass.

You watch as she starts laughing while talking to the man, her hand rested on his shoulder.

The other boys in the group look at each other, smirking before glancing at the two as they see the flirting happening first-hand. After they look at them, you watch as they slowly back away, giving the two time to talk. Once they finish backing away, they start walking forward.

You widen your eyes.

They're walking towards you. Lucas is walking towards you.

You feel your heart speeding up as you stand there, trying to figure out how to stand casually without looking creepy.

The boys ignore your presence, except Lucas.

Lucas gives you a quick wave before pausing to talk to you.

Somehow, Seulgi manifested that you would end up talking to him, whether you liked it or not.

"Hey, Y/N." Lucas says as he stops walking to talk to you.

"Hey, Lucas!" you say while giving a friendly smile, your face heating up as he speaks to you.