47

"Are you nervous?" you ask while looking over at Taehyung. He raises his eyebrows as he looks over at you. He then gently smiles as he shrugs a shoulder.

"Eh, I've already talked to your mother a little bit... I'm more nervous about your father if I'm being honest." He says before scratching the back of his head. You stare up at him and watch him gulp for a second before shaking his head. "But that's okay, most of the time parents love me."

"Most of the time?" you question. His smile slightly drops before his lips straighten into a flat line. He then turns to you and nods.

"Yeah... there was one pair of parents who hated my guts." He says before taking a deep breath. "I'm sure you can tell whose set of parents that was."

Ah, the ex-girlfriend who didn't wear a helmet and ended up getting injured on his motorcycle.

You stare up at him and nod your head softly before looking away from him and down at the concrete of the sidewalk directly in front of the restaurant. He notices the change in your demeanor as you stare down at the ground.

He then places a comforting hand on your lower back before stepping a little closer to you.

You begin thinking about how often Taehyung must blame himself for what happened despite him always warning that girl to wear a helmet.

Her parents surely have had quite the choice of words for Taehyung once the incident happened. You're sure that he's been cussed out by his parents. You wouldn't be surprised if Taehyung told you that one of her parents had hit him either.

You wonder how many sleepless nights Taehyung has had blaming himself for this when all of it was out of his control.

"Hey." You hear his deep voice coming out as smooth as velvet. It causes you to look up at him as he stares down at you with a concerned look on his face. "Don't worry about it, okay? I know what you're thinking. That was a one-time thing. Every other set of parents of the women I've dated have loved me, okay?" You nod your head before gulping.

"You don't still blame yourself for what happened with her... do you?" He's now the one silent, avoiding eye contact for a second before he shrugs his shoulders.

"Kinda hard not to do that, don't you think?" You nod your head. "I do but I'm learning to live with it."

You stare up at him before reaching down and removing his hand from your lower back. As you do this, he furrows his eyebrows, assuming you didn't want him to touch you.

However, instead of removing his hand from you entirely, you hold his hand in yours gently and slowly intertwine your fingers before looking back to the street. You examine the cars and search for your parents' car. He stares down at your hands for a second before softly smiling and gently squeezing yours.

You see their car approaching and use your opposing hand to wave at them. Your mother gets out of the passenger seat as your father continues driving, most likely going to find a place to park. She steps towards you, no expression on her face for a second before she looks down at your hand in Taehyung's. She then gently grins before looking up at Taehyung.

"Hello." She greets.

"Hi, Mrs. Y/L/N." he says while smiling over at your mother. "It's very nice to meet you." He bows his head politely to your mother, causing her to arch an eyebrow, her grin turning into a smile as she turns to you. She gives you the look that she always does when she's impressed with someone. This causes you to smile.