5

"Y/N, I'm so sorry." Sunmi states.

You merely sigh as you can't help but not be angry at her. How would she have known? She didn't even set you and Changbin up together. All she did was encourage you to go on a speed dating session. You're the one who chose him.

And that's not even your fault either. How would you have known he was cheating on his boyfriend or... for a lack of better words, 'guy he's talking to?'

You wouldn't have known. You blindly assumed everyone there was single. You naively thought that only single people would show up there, completely forgetting about the fact that there are some people who are unfaithful. There were probably other men from that night who might've been married and just didn't wear their ring or bring up the fact.

"That's your fifteenth time apologizing. Again, I chose him. All you did was make me go to the speed dating session. You didn't do anything wrong." You respond while looking over at her. Her hands are tightly gripping onto the steering wheel as she shakes her head.

"Yeah but that's the point. You wouldn't have met him if I didn't make you go to that." She states.

"Listen, if we thought like that about every single decision or bad thing that happened in our lives, we would be stuck living in the past." You respond. "For example, what if I didn't choose the salad at lunch and instead ate a burger. Maybe I wouldn't have met Changbin then either. Do you see how ridiculous you sound?" you question.

She laughs at the example that you use to make her feel better.

"Okay, fine. You win, I'll drop it." She states. "Just can't believe the boyfriend tried fighting you."

This is what causes you to laugh.

"Yeah, well I got lucky that the motorcycle guy from last time showed up." You state.

Sunmi comes to a stop as the light turns red. Taking advantage of the red light, her head snaps in your direction as she stares over at you with shock present in her facial expressions.

"I'm sorry, what?" she questions. "Wait a second, is that who was on that motorcycle that drove off when I found you?" you nod.

"Luckily for me, motorcycle guy AKA Taehyung showed up." You state. "He was at the museum himself and was in the same room as me and intervened when the boyfriend was about to hit me."

"Well, damn. His helmet was already on so I didn't get to see what your knight in shining armor looked like. What did he do to intervene?" she questions.

"He lied and said that he was my boyfriend as well and made the couple think he was going to scold me or something for cheating on him as well. That way the boyfriend figured I was already getting my karma for dating his man." You state.

Her jaw is practically on the floor for a few seconds before she smiles widely.

"Oh my gosh, talk about good luck." She states before shaking her head. "You're pretty damn lucky he was there. The fact that a grown ass man was about to fight you is terrifying." She states.

"I know, I literally think my life flashed before my eyes when he was stomping at me, ready to fight." You state. "He even slut-shamed me. Like hello? Blame your boyfriend, not the girl with him unless you know the girl is aware that he's in a relationship. How the fuck would I know he wasn't single?"

"Right? Why do they always target the girl?" she questions before taking her foot off of the brake and stepping on the gas when the light turns green. "They always assume we know that they're cheating and like it or something. Hello, majority of women aren't like that." You nod in agreement.