19

As the two of you head out of the ceramics store, you're holding your owl while Taehyung holds his squirrel bowl in one hand and some boxes for both in the other. You smile over at him as you two laugh.

"I can't believe you managed to piss off those parents enough to where they left the store." Taehyung says before shaking his head.

"Oh come on, you know I was right." You respond before letting out a laugh. He immediately nods his head before opening the small trunk in the back of his motorcycle. He opens the small Styrofoam box and carefully places the squirrel bowl into it before handing you your box. You begin doing the same while he stares over at you.

"You were right and those kids sure did love seeing their parents angry like that." He says before smirking over at you. "I'm surprised you didn't keep going though."

"What do you mean by 'keep going?'" you question as you put the lid of the box on. He shrugs his shoulders before biting onto his lower lip as he glances around. "I yelled at them and got them to leave the store."

"I don't know..." he says before drifting off. You furrow your eyebrows for a second before looking over at him. Tilting your head to the side, you hand him your Styrofoam box and he takes it. While wrapping his and yours in the spare hoodie he keeps in the trunk, he lets out a soft laugh. "I feel like you could've pissed them off more but you were holding back." He shrugs.

"How so?" he shakes his head in response to your question which causes you to narrow your eyes at him. "Since when do you hold back from telling me things? You're always blunt, why the change?" you question.

"Because this is something that... I don't know..." he drifts off before smirking to himself as he glances down at the cement sidewalk. "I just... I'm kind of surprised you didn't just grab me and kiss me to piss them off." He responds.

Your heart stops upon hearing this. Your eyes widen as you stare over at him.

What?

You gawk at the man, jaw dropping as you hear this.

"I didn't know that was part of your job description as a bad date bodyguard." Is the only response that's able to escape your mouth.

Taehyung's smirk fails to fade from his face. He feels your eyes on him before looking over at you. Upon making eye contact with you, the smirk goes away and he turns expressionless.

After a few seconds, he blinks.

"You do realize that if we're going to be a couple at this party, you can't be shocked if I flirt with you like that, right?" he questions.

Oh.

You close your mouth as realization hits you.

"Oh my gosh, Tae." You state before reaching your hands up to cover your face. You let out a soft laugh, now embarrassed of your reaction. "You completely took me off guard."

"Well, if that's just me talking about us kissing, what are you going to do at the party if I lean in to kiss you?" he questions.

You stare over at him, parting your lips as you get ready to speak. You then take a deep breath while staring over at him. He stares over at you, licking his lips for a moment as he waits for your response, an eyebrow now lifted as he urges you to reply.

"Then..." you start, voice slightly coming out shy and hoarse. You're hesitating and growing nervous. "Then, I guess I wouldn't have a choice but to do this." You rush through the rest of your sentence, not allowing yourself a second to stop yourself. You step forward, determined to have the confidence that he has.