52

"Jeez, Y/N, it's just a painting. You don't have to overthink it so much." Sunmi says as she looks over at you, brush in her hand as she furrows her eyebrows at your nervousness. You merely glance over at her before shaking your head.

"To you it is, yours is being given to your parents who love everything you do." You state. "My gift is for Taehyung. It's my first gift to him and it has to be perfect. He wanted one big gift for both his birthday and Christmas." Biting onto your lower lip, you eye the different colored paints sitting on the stand holding your painting up.

"Oh sure," Sunmi says in a sarcastic voice. "My parents are going to love seeing that their daughter is pregnant before getting married, before getting a job, hell before even graduating college. A parent's dream for their child." She rolls her eyes.

You wince at her words as you realize the truth to it. She hadn't told her parents yet. That's why you and Seulgi are the ones stepping up to take her to doctor appointments.

Her boyfriend has yet to be told, so he's unaware of the situation at hand.

As of right now, you and Seulgi are her only guaranteed support system. God knows if her parents will be understanding or if they'll throw her out for doing something outside of her 'perfect daughter' norms.

You gulp before nodding your head.

"You're right... I'm sorry." You say, voice now quiet as you hesitantly go to reach for one of the paint colors before backing away moments before the bristles can touch the paint.

It's now been four days since you two were at the mall. Her idea was a good one. It was just a very rushed one considering the fact that Taehyung will be back home tonight.

"No worries." She says before shaking her head. "But my point is: Taehyung will like anything you paint for him. If you're so worried about it, how about you grab one of the sculptures like last time instead of painting a blank canvas? That way you don't have to generate your own idea if you can't think of anything." She says while dipping her own brush into the water before burying the bristles into the red watercolor paint.

You then glance over and try remembering Taehyung's feelings towards the other sculptures.

The squirrel bowl is a no-go. He already has one and definitely doesn't need two. Not to mention that it'll prove how little you know the man.

You can't paint an owl. He already knows you painted one for yourself. Sure, it would be a cute idea to match with him. However, you're not sure if he'd find it offensive that you couldn't pick a new one for him.

You eye each one, mind going blank as you lack the brain capacity to remember what he did and didn't like.

Sighing, you close your eyes and think about all of the things that remind you of Taehyung.

Old music, designer, his love for sandals, his love for animals and babies.

Gasping, it hits you.

You immediately turn your head to the unpainted sculptures on display and see that there's a bear.

Winter bear.

Smiling widely, you rush towards the cashier.

"Hi, um, I already purchased a canvas painting session but I would actually rather do a sculpture painting." You say while eyeing the bear once more.

"Oh, okay. You haven't painted on the canvas yet, right?" you shake your head immediately. "Sweet, makes my job easier. Go grab the sculpture you want."