9

You're now at the library, trying to get an architecture project done for your class tomorrow. You've already chugged two coffees and are now frustrated as you struggle to finish it.

Everything's already been drawn and designed. However, you're missing one component to your building design that the professor had told you to add in. The design you had drawn is a design you're already content with but you know you'll fail just by handing this in.

Running your fingers through your hair, you let out a frustrated sigh before taking a sip of your water bottle. You close your eyes for a second to try to picture a way to add this requirement into the design.

Deciding to take a break, you take your laptop out of your bag. Signing into your YouTube account, you start looking for a video that will take your mind off of the assignment.

After choosing a video, you pause it and begin searching your bag for your headphones.

"Um... excuse me?" you hear, causing you to look up and see your ex-boyfriend. Both of you widen your eyes immediately before he speaks up again. "Oh, Y/N, I didn't even recognize you for a second there. You look... really good." He states before smiling down at you.

You hadn't seen Alex since you two broke up in high school. You two knew you'd be going to the same university but decided to break up so you can both have a full college experience.

Despite you two being in a serious relationship, you both knew you made the right decision. If it weren't for you two breaking up before college, you know you both would've resented each other for missing out on the college dating scene. Due to your good judgment, now you're both on good terms and you're not rushing to leave the library right now.

You smile up at him and close your laptop to look up at him.

"Hey Alex." You state. "You look good too." You respond. He grins before gesturing towards the chair near you.

"I was just about to ask if I could borrow that chair for my friend over there," he says while gesturing back to his table. "But now that I'm here, how have you been?" he questions.

"Good! I've been good. How about you?" you ask.

"I've been great." He states before biting down onto his lower lip as he stares over at you. "Hey, um, I know this is a little weird but... would you like to get dinner sometime and catch up?" he questions. You lift your eyebrows before nodding your head.

"Oh! Yeah, I'd love to catch up over some food." You state.

"Do you have a new number or is it the same as before?" he questions. You immediately grab a piece of paper and start writing your new number.

"It changed after high school once I got onto my own phone plan. My parents wanted me to pay my own phone bill while in uni." You state before handing him the piece of paper with your new phone number on it. He nods his head as he takes the paper.

"Ah, yeah. How are your parents doing, speaking of them?"

"They're good!" You state. "Always ask how you're doing because they know you also go here." You laugh softly. He nods his head and smiles.

"Yeah, I miss your mom's cooking." He responds, causing both of you to laugh. "Well, that, and you." You smile up at him, feeling some butterflies in your stomach as he says this.

"It's always funny when they ask about you because I've rarely seen you around." You state. "It's crazy how secluded architecture majors are from other majors." He nods his head before gesturing towards your project.