50

"Is he responsible, though?" Taehyung's concerned voice questions through the speakers of your phone. You bite onto your lip and take a deep breath before shrugging your shoulders. He tilts his head to the side as he stares up at you through his phone screen. You glance down at yours to meet his eye contact. "You don't know? Do you and Seulgi know the guy?"

"All I know is that she's the one in school right now while he's the one working full-time at a steady job." You respond before sighing softly. He then nods his head.

"Ah, so you've never met him?" you shake your head when he says this. "But you're certain she really is dating someone right? She's not lying about having a boyfriend?"

"How would she lie about being pregnant?" you question. Taehyung raises his eyebrows.

"I asked if she was lying about having a boyfriend, you can get pregnant with a one-night stand, Y/N." he responds. "I mean, don't you think it's weird that they've been together for literally two years and neither you nor Seulgi know a lot about him?"

"I mean, it is weird, but Seulgi and I were thinking he's just really ugly and she didn't want us to see him." You say while shrugging. "I mean, Seulgi isn't exactly the nicest person ever. She's also very blunt."

"Yeah, that's true." Taehyung says with a laugh before he then moves a little closer to the camera. His smile then fades as his dark, coffee-toned eyes stare at the image of you on his screen. "Well, I'm sorry that you have all of that drama going on. You're such a good friend to be helping Sunmi in a time like this, though. Makes me proud of you." He says before continuing to stare at you through the screen.

"Thanks for telling me that, Taehyung. Ever since I found out about the whole 'Sunmi being pregnant' situation, I was questioning if I wasn't being a good enough friend. Like, how did I not notice that she wasn't drinking and was acting differently?" You say before softly sighing once more. He shrugs.

"It's easy to hide things like that." He says before running his fingers through his hair. "You did say Sunmi isn't as much of a drinker as you and Seulgi are, so I'm sure you both thought that was normal for her."

"Yeah, I guess you're right." You say before smiling over at his image on the screen. He grins back at you before licking his lips.

"You look really pretty right now." He states. This causes the feeling of butterflies and excitement to course throughout your body.

You were still getting used to the pet names, compliments, and other cute gestures that come with being in a relationship. After all, you hadn't had any of that the past few years since your last breakup.

"Thank you." You nervously say before you let out a soft laugh out of nervousness. Taehyung then moves the camera a little closer to his face, giving you a better view of his dark chocolate eyes staring at you. You move closer to the camera as well. He then lays stomach-down on his bed before placing the phone directly in front of his face.

Your eyes light up as you gulp, getting nervous as you stare into the dark abyss of his eyes.

Leaning his head to the side, he rests the side of his cheek onto his forearm while staring at you. You continue to smile at him before gently biting onto your lower lip.

"Don't look at me like that." He says before licking his lips. You raise your eyebrows as he says this.

"Look at you like what?" you ask.

"With those pretty, innocent looking eyes." He responds, voice now lowering and deepening as he speaks. "You know what that does to me."

Oh, maybe this is the perfect opportunity to see exactly what it does to him.