34

As you two are walking out of the restaurant, it's quiet.

Taehyung merely leads the way to his motorcycle as you follow behind, biting onto your lower lip.

At least your plan worked. However, it's not working in the way you thought it would.

Taehyung gently squeezes your arm as he leads the way. You stare up at the back of his head as you two walk through the parking lot. Swallowing, you take a deep breath before parting your lips to speak.

"So... um... thank you for coming to get me." You say while looking up at him. He glances back at you for a second before nodding his head and facing forward again.

"No problem." He says before getting quiet again. This causes you to bite onto your lower lip as you look down at the pavement while you two walk.

"I'm... I'm sorry if I interrupted something you were doing." You say before clearing your throat. "I just... I wanted to try going on another date to um... get over you..." you mumble the last three words under your breath.

Taehyung glances back at you before looking forward again.

"I was just eating dinner... it's no big deal." He says before shrugging his shoulders. "Just glad you're safe."

You two arrive at his motorcycle and he hands you the helmet. Taking it from him, you immediately place the helmet on your head and begin clasping the chinstrap around your chin. Once it's secure on your head, you see Taehyung getting onto his motorcycle.

You stand still for a moment, staring down at the bike. You're not sure how to get on without being awkward.

"Y/N? You getting on?" he questions while looking up at you. You press your lips together before looking at his face. You two make eye contact and he runs his tongue along the side of his mouth. He then sighs deeply before speaking again. "Alright, what's wrong?" he questions.

You remain silent for a few seconds as you try to put your thoughts together into a string of words.

After a few seconds, you manage to speak.

"I'm sorry for telling you that I like you." You blurt out before looking down at your feet.

As you look down, Taehyung stares over at you before tilting his head to the side. He then takes a deep breath and shakes his head. After a few seconds, he licks his lips and begins taking his helmet off.

He then stands up from the motorcycle, putting the stand back onto the ground as he gets up.

"Y/N, why are you apologizing for telling me how you feel?" he questions.

"Because I totally fucked up our friendship. I made things weird for us and I'm so sorry about that." You respond before taking a deep breath. "I just... I've never had a guy care about me so much. I've never had a guy do everything to make sure I'm safe, to keep me company, and spend time with me the way that we do." You state.

He stares over at you for a few seconds before nodding his head.

"I'll admit, I'm a caring guy... but never that much so I may have given you the wrong idea." He states. "I'm sorry for any confusion I gave you. I didn't mean to make you think I wanted a romantic relationship with you."

What?

You're confused, mentally questioning what he's even saying.

Why is he putting up such a monstrous-sized wall? Jimin said he likes you. Jimin wouldn't lie about something like that. Despite not knowing Jimin all too well, you know he wouldn't mess with anyone and make them look like a fool by lying about someone liking them.