46

Sitting on Taehyung's bed, you're biting onto your lip as you think about how you don't have any new clothes to wear for the lunch.

"What's going on in that pretty head of yours?" Taehyung questions, stepping back into the room. You look up and see Taehyung with a robe on and a towel in his hand as he dries his hair.

"I was just thinking... I can't go to lunch with the same clothes on..." you say before sighing. He tilts his head to the side before glancing over at the clock.

"Well... I have an idea..." he says before looking towards his door. He then eyes you once more before holding up a finger. "Give me a second."

He then exits the room once more and walks towards the hallway. You slightly lean over to watch where he's headed before you see him turning into Jimin's bedroom after knocking.

How could something from Jimin's room help you?

You furrow your eyebrows before shaking your head, deciding not to question Taehyung's thoughts.

After all, all of his ideas in the past have gotten you out of plenty of horrible situations. This is nothing compared to all of the dates he saved you from while you were single.

As you sit back in the bed, no longer leaning over to look at Jimin's door, you begin thinking about all of the ways Taehyung has helped you with those dates. It's almost as if it was fate, a fairytale even. Who would've ever thought that you two would end up going from strangers to friends to lovers all because you were at a restaurant one night, listening to a man talk about being shit on in bed? You certainly wouldn't have.

You certainly wouldn't have thought that there would be a gentleman out there with a heart like Taehyung's to save you from that night either. Knowing most people, if they overheard a date conversation like that, they probably would just start recording the audio and posting it online for complete strangers to mock the person. Never in your right mind would you think that someone would have the decency to step up and pretend to be your boyfriend just to help you escape that situation.

In all reality, if that date had continued, you were going to escape off to the bathroom, cut through the other side of the restaurant and leave through the second exit.

Yet, here you are, now in a man's bed. A man that didn't care if he was intruding on your conversation because he knew he was helping. A man who had the kindness in his heart to spare you from having to spend another second on that horrible date.

And that's just the one date, not to mention the other ones.

Now that you're thinking about this in depth, you didn't realize the similarities between this and fate.

How odd is it that Taehyung managed to be at the right time in the right place to save you before getting your number? And only during bad dates or when creepy men approached you in public did this happen. It's almost as if the universe was saying 'if you want a good date so badly, here he is, take him,' yet you never noticed it.

"Y/N?" you hear his raspy voice, causing you to snap out of your thoughts.

"Mhm?" you ask. He continues drying his hair with the towel, ready to say something before he hesitates.

Instead, he grins a curious grin.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Us. Why?" You honestly answer, causing him to raise his eyebrows for a second before he grins.