3

"Alright, speed daters!" the lady at the coffee shop hosting the event says. You stare up at her before pressing your lips together to fix your lip gloss. Leaning back in your seat, you glance away from her and look at the men who are here for the speed dating event.

There's a few guys who you can tell have never been on a date before. A few look like they're being forced to be here. There's four men who you definitely want to have a conversation with. The remainder are average.

All of the women here are pretty. You can tell all of them put in a lot of effort to dress up for this.

You glance up at the lady once more as she starts to speak again.

"So, here are the rules. One: each conversation is going to be five minutes. Two: when you hear the bell, the men will move to a new table. Three: have fun and if you're interested in anyone here, please come up to us by the end of the event. If the person you're interested in is also interested in you, we will let you two exchange phone numbers." She states.

Sweet, makes your life easier. If someone's interested in you but you don't feel the same, you won't have to reject them directly.

"Now, let's get everything set up!" A man standing near her states. He looks like he's a barista here.

They start assigning the women to tables. You're at table 7.

You sit on your chair and cross your legs while anxiously glancing over at the guys. You already see some of them looking at you. Tilting your head to the side, you give the ones you're interested in a friendly smile before glancing down at the menu sitting on the table.

You stare down at the drink that Seulgi recommended on the menu before nodding your head.

While they finish getting everything set up, you decide to call the barista over to place an order for the drink.

"Yes, miss? What can I help you with?" he asks while smiling politely down at you.

"Would you be able to get me a small honey tea, please?" you question. He nods his head and writes it down before giving you another friendly smile.

"That's a personal favorite drink of mine." He states before giving you a quick wink. "I'll have that ready for you in a few minutes." You smile before giving him a polite head bow.

He steps away from your table to get your tea ready.

Right when he steps away, you're greeted by a man now sitting in front of you.

"Alright, first five minutes start... now!" the lady from before states, causing the man in front of you to immediately introduce himself.

"Hi, I'm Jay." He introduces himself. You smile over at him.

"My name is Y/N." you say. As you say this, the barista comes back with the honey tea. He sets it on the table before stepping away from the table. "So, what do you do?" you immediately question.

"I'm currently working as a manager at the Louis Vuitton store a few blocks down." He states. You tilt your head to the side as you stare over at him.

"A man with taste, I see." You say while smiling over at him. "I'm a student at the university right over there." You point towards the direction where it is. He nods his head before taking a sip of his coffee.

"I used to go to that university but I had to drop out. I couldn't figure out what I wanted to study." He responds. You nod your head before taking a sip of your tea once more. "So, what do you study?"