40

You're now back at home in the family home you grew up in. In your room, you continue to unpack your boxes. Sighing, you lean over to your bed and grab a handful of the chips in the bowl on your bed.

"Still not done unpacking." You mumble to yourself before glancing at the clock.

You have about an hour until your date with Taehyung. You bite onto your lower lip before shaking your head.

"You almost done unpacking? I started making your favorite dish for dinner." Your mom's voice echoes from your door. Shaking your head, you glance over at the door and see her smiling over at you.

"Not yet mom. I still have a few boxes left." You say before sighing.

"That's alright, you can take a break to eat first." She responds. You immediately shake your head.

"Thanks for cooking for me mom but I have to start getting ready for a date." You respond before instantly biting onto the tip of your tongue, regretting that you pointed anything out about a date.

"A date?" your mother's eyes sparkle with curiosity and intrigue. The tone in her voice rises, indicating that she's surprised.

"Yes, mother, a date." You respond before sighing and looking down at your remaining boxes that need to be unpacked.

"Well, who are you going on a date with?" she questions. You grin before shaking your head.

"It's relatively new. Don't worry about it."

"But if my daughter likes someone enough to mention it to me, you know it's at least starting to get serious." She responds. "C'mon, give me some details." You merely roll your eyes before looking down at the boxes once more.

You really do have to get ready. Without an outfit picked, a hairstyle in mind, nor an idea for your date, you already know this is going to be time-consuming. Your mother pestering you the whole time would not make that task any easier.

Deciding to use your mother's need to stick her nose into other people's business to your advantage, you quickly put together an excuse.

"Well, see, I'd share a few details but I really don't have time for that. I have to get ready. I don't even know what to wear, I don't know where we're going, and I still have to unpack all of these boxes." You state while gesturing down at the boxes. Your mother's eyes dart from your face to your boxes before darting back to your face.

After a few seconds of thinking, a wide smile plasters itself onto her face.

"I'll unpack for you. Start getting ready and then you can share all about the date when you get back. How's that sound?" she eagerly says.

You internally smirk. On the outside, however, you put on a face of shock.

"Mom, I couldn't ask for that. That's way too much-"

"No! I insist." She says. "I just want to make sure that this person is good enough for my daughter. If unpacking for you will make it easier for you to find time to share with me later, I'll do it." You give your mother a smile and nod your head.

"I mean... if you insist." You say before shrugging your shoulders.

"Now, go get ready!" she says while picking up a shirt that you left on your bed, smacking you in the arm with it. She urges you to leave the room to go to the bathroom and you comply, smiling to yourself on the way out.