Chapter 15: Little Ways

A/N: Yes, the previous chapter's title was super extra. 😜

Enjoy this one.

————

💙

"Kindly fill out this form, and sign this one."

"Okay." Amanda took the black pen on the table and signed the papers.

"Please vacate your quarantine room within the day and transfer to your official room——your room is —- 2227", the staff handed Thailand's representative a new set of key cards and another paper.

"Here's your schedule, make sure you follow the call time and as for sponsor shoots, your chaperone will inform you if you've been chosen. Once you are selected, a separate call sheet will be handed to you —— any questions?"

She looked at the things in her hands, "Thanks. Uhm, can I know who's my roommate?"

The Miss Universe staff smiled and checked the room list, "you'll be rooming in with——Singapore. She just arrived so you'll see her tomorrow after quarantine. You may proceed to fittings down the hall"

Amanda released a sigh of relief.

"Thank you very much" she smiled.

"You're welcome. Enjoy your stay and good luck!"

She stood up quickly from the seat and walked while looking at her phone and not what's ahead of her causing her to bump into another delegate "oops, I'm terribly sorry!"

"Oh my!! Did I hurt you?" the other delegate asked and held Amanda's left forearm, concerned that she had slightly stepped on Amanda's right foot.

"I'm fine. All good. Nothing to worry about."  the Thai assured.

"Phew, wouldn't want to injure someone———I'm Andrea, Miss Mexico"  the other woman introduced herself.

"Amanda, Thailand. It's nice to meet you"

"Ah, Miss Thailand" the other woman smiled at Amanda. "Your advocacy is wonderful———-more people should really reach out and listen especially nowadays, no?"

"Thank you." The Thai said in appreciation, "definitely, it may sound simple, but knowing that someone listens to you creates such a huge difference in ones outlook." Amanda's advocacy is dear to her heart, and every time someone talks about it in a good way, she can't help but want to speak more about it.

"I agree", the Mexican grinned, "anyway, I'll see you around, Amanda. My turn for registration."

"Alright, see ya around" Amanda told the Mexican delegate. The beauty queen thought that Andrea exuded a kind of confidence that is approachable and calm - another candidate she needs to keep tabs on as the Mexican could end up being a frontrunner for the crown. So far she has seen two big threats — not that she view those women as somebody she needs to take down. Just noting down the competition.

Amanda remembered what her national director said over the phone earlier, that the format will change substantially. She wondered how drastic the changes will be and hoped that her training and preparations are more than enough to cater the revisions.

The Thai delegate moved to the fitting area of the hall and approached another MUO staff who was in charge of the Sherri Hill fittings and Bragais shoes distribution.

"Hey, Miss Thailand. How you doin?" a new MUO staff asked the Thai delegate.

"Hey there! I'm doing fantastic. Excited to be doing this and more."