Chapter 47 : Going Once, Twice...Sold!

Tension filled the four ivory walls of the bedroom in the condo unit that once belonged to Veena — legally, it still is. The woman laid out every condition in exchange for the large sum her estranged wife was demanding to keep the malicious images of Amanda and Rabiya away from public eye.

The long bond paper and a black pen sat on the white bed, remaining untouched for the past three minutes. Praew gritted her teeth as she looked at the white pages that declares a list of terms and conditions — like a contract or settlement she doesn't want to touch.

Veena's conditions to Praew and her cohorts were brief and straight to the point - pull out every new photo of Amanda and Rabiya that's uploaded in the cloud or online; Distance herself from Veena, Amanda, Rabiya and their families; Stay silent about Amanda and Rabiya's relationship, as well as the settlement; and sign the divorce papers.

In exchange, Praew will receive the following: one million baht upon signing the settlement; half of all Veena's shares that includes stakes in PTT, AIS and the Singh group; transfer of full ownership of the condo to Praew's name.

Failure to adhere to the settlement will impose heavy legal repercussions and fine to Praew, her family and those who had a hand in the spread of the photos.

"I'm not going to agree with any of these", Praew crossed her arms. Glaring at a pensive Veena.

"It's the best I can give you".

"Other bidders can offer me better without this nonsense of clauses— you still have a habit of underestimating me, Veena".

"Let me remind you that it wasn't me who dropped the price. You asked for a million, I'm giving you a million — and more! Christ, Praew! What else do you want?!"

Praew balled her hands into a fist, her breathing becoming heavy. She wanted to smack Veena on the head, but couldn't find the energy to lift a hand.

Tears slowly left her eyes. She glared back up to her old love.

"You never really cared for me, didn't you?", she chuckled shaking her head. "It's always about Amanda".

Veena avoided looking into Praew's eyes - her dark orbs reflected years of disappointment and regret.

"All I ever wanted was your undivided attention and love, Veena. I adored you and chose to be with you despite — ", Praew hastened to sit on the bed, wiping off her tears as she took hold of the pen in her right hand, signing on the dotted line. She threw the paper after, just so it could land a few feet away from where Veena was standing.

The other woman stared blankly at the signed paper.

"I'll tell my friend to delete the rest of the photos", Praew uttered, sniffling back some of the ugly snot that was threatening to drop from her nose. "I don't want to ever see you again, too".

Veena took out a cheque from her purse and placed it on the bed. Her facial muscles were tense. "My lawyer will send you the rest of the papers". She turned around to leave the bedroom, but stopped short like something was trying to pull her back. She closed her eyes to breathe then faced Praew again.

"For what it's worth, I'm sorry for what happened to us", Veena whispered. She still hesitated to exit the room but managed successfully to move her two feet.

"Did you even love me?", Praew's voice broke making Veena look at her — tenderness now painted her face.

"I did, Praew—", Veena smiled sadly and bowed her head. "It's —— I —— I had my faults. I've done things that I shouldn't have as well. There's a side of me that hates myself for neglecting and using you. But I did love you, Praew —"