Chapter 44 : Private Conversations

"I'm not dating anyone."

I crumpled the sheets of the hotel bed. My nostrils flared and my jaw tightened. I was still on call with Amanda while watching her now viral L'Officiel interview. I've probably replayed this part more than a few times in my laptop.

"Hun?"

Kanina pa ako hindi kumikibo. Hinahayaan ko lang na naka-on yung video call letting her talk alone. To be honest, I don't even know how I feel about her revelations.

"Please understand it's the best way to keep your name out of it. Can you talk to me? Plea—"

"—Out of it? There were photos of us, Amanda!"
I snapped.

"I know. But you told me to fix it!"

"Yes, but I wasn't expecting———THIS! You just told the world you're single! Of course I'll be — I'll be mad! You didn't even let me know ahead!", I yelled and felt that my eyes were beginning to shed some tears.

"It's only for appearance——calm down".

"Calm down? — Hay nako, Amanda!"

My brows furrowed as I looked at her on the screen — I pulled in a huge breath. "We could've discussed this, but you didn't even consult if I was okay with it! You just — you just made a statement without even asking me!"

I saw Amanda close her eyes and massage her temples. "But didn't I tell you before to trust me?! I'm doing everything I can to——, I thought you didn't want anybody asking you anything about us".

I grunted out of frustration. Gigil talaga ako ngayon kay Amanda. I picked up my phone and paced around the room. "Let me be clear about this, okay?! I trust you, but at least give me a little bit of respect by telling me before you even....say something in public! With our photos circulating out there, it makes me look like —-", I tried to pull some of my hair. "—-Ugh! Like a cheap girl flirting around with anyone with legs!", I snarled as my tears kept on falling my face.

"Then what do you want me to say?! Tell people we're together? I thought you didn't want that?!"

"Of course I don't want that!"

"Then what?! I don't know what you want to happen. That's why it's better to say I am not dating, end of story! For heaven's sakes Rabiya, it's all for show!", Amanda's voice blasted out of my phone's speakers.

"You know why I'm so upset? It's because you didn't inform me ahead! We talk to each other every single day, Amanda! It doesn't take a minute to tell me your plans! Why do you have to exclude me when technically I'm the other half of this fucking news!?".

Amanda scratched her neck, looking everywhere other than me and was pursing her lips.

My lips were quivering as I tried to catch my breath. My upper lip was wet as my cheeks, "It hurts, Amanda! It already hurts you've told everyone you're not dating anybody and if you're telling me that's the only way to keep me out, yes! I get it".

I paused to blow and wipe my nose with a tissue, "but I'm so upset and more than hurt that you didn't tell me! You didn't even say anything to me after you've recorded the interview! It caught me off guard! Don't you understand? Our friends kept on messaging me asking if I'm okay—if we are okay! How am I suppose to know what to do or how to react if I have no idea what the plan is. What is the plan, Amanda?!"

I wiped off my tears with the back of my hand. "I feel — I feel left out. You don't even tell me what's going on with your life if I don't ask. Like... weeks ago, I didn't even know someone already planned and sponsored your birthday! I have to know it from Belle! Why do you always leave me out of some important details?"