Chapter 56 : The Tiger

"You okay?"

Ann pursed her lips and nodded her head. "Never been better".

The two women walked together to the temple's ornate red iron bridge over a canal. The rest of the group already moving to the tourist spot's final stop. The hotel heiress' pausing to look at the fountain near the edge of the canal.

Amanda glanced at her friends, who were enjoying the marble temple's unique architecture, before checking on Ann again.

"Would you rather——forgive or forget someone — ", Ann bowed down then faced Amanda who leaned on the other side of the bridge.

"What do you mean?"

Ann shook her head before extending her hand for her girlfriend to take. "Nevermind—Let's get going, tiger". She grinned.

Amanda took Ann's hand and grasped it gently.

When they reached the group, the former Thai beauty queen saw Celeste's arm sprawled on Rabiya's shoulder as they listened to the tour guide. Her ex-girlfriend's new flame leaning slightly to the young Filipina's ear, making Rabiya giggle.

Amanda felt a little tug in her chest.

She smiled at Ann and also wrapped her arm around her girlfriend's.

Celeste suddenly looked back at them and gave Amanda a smug look. The Thai subtly rolled her eyes.

"The temple's white composition are mostly made out of Italian marble", their tour guide explained a brief structural background of the famous temple.

"No wonder it's beautiful - Italian stones...", Celeste grinned.

"Thai structures are really beautiful regardless where the materials come from", Amanda replied.

"Yeah, it is. But, you can't deny how anything Italian adds prestige — clothing, leather, pizza, pasta, temples —— women". Celeste winked.

Veena bit her lower lip to stop herself from laughing. She thought it was a bright jab from Celeste. She'd give another point to the woman versus her best friend.

"What do you think, love?", the Filipina-Italian looked at Rabiya. The former Miss Universe Philippines' eyes didn't blink and kept on going back and forth to her ex-girlfriend and her fake girlfriend.

"Italian. Gorgeous, right?"

"Sure — well". Rabiya cleared her throat and smiled. "Italian, yes. I love spaghetti".

Ann tilted her head while observing the flustered young Filipina who just randomly declared her love for the popular pasta.

"You also like pad thai", Amanda frowned and mumbled, but her chuckling best friend heard it.

Celeste pursed her lips and quietly grunted — her nostrils widening a bit. Rabiya finally got the message.

"Oh, of course. Yes!", the young woman nervously exclaimed. "Italians. I love myself some Italians".

"Italians? Come on love—"

Rabiya pursed her lips. Following through Celeste's lead. "Just one Italian". She said and bopped her condo neighbor's nose with a finger.