Chapter 51 : Blinded

"Rabiya!", a voice of an excited man echoed at the lobby of the hotel.

Rabiya quickened her pace, pulling Amanda with her. "Hun, why are we.."

But instead of slowing down or answering her, their walk became faster — like brisk walking, but in heels. As a veteran beauty queen and major title holder who went through a lot of training, Amanda was glad that she wasn't a pageant newbie or else she would've fallen on the floor with their current speed.

"Rabiya! Wait!", the guy called out once again.

As much as they're both used to walking around in heels, their speed wasn't any match against the man who was calling her girlfriend. The guy got to them and touched the Filipina's shoulder — making them turn around.

"Grabe...nahabol din kita. Hindi mo kasi ako narinig, tawag ako ng tawag", the man panted. That was a quick run.

"Hi! Surprise!"

"Ric...", Rabiya immediately dropped Amanda's hand. The Thai woman titled her head.  "A—nong ginagawa mo dito?"

"Who is this?", Amanda asked. Eric's unsuspecting smile was annoying the Thai woman.

The guy just smiled.

"Surprised ka ba?", the man touched Rabiya's arm.

Amanda sneered.

"Surprised ka nga ata masyado", he rubbed the back of his neck and laughed nervously.

The Thai woman looked at Rabiya who gulped while being glued in place.

"Rabiya, who's this?"

Eric was dazed and glanced at Amanda and then at Rabiya.

"Uhm..Manda this is Eric", Rabiya's voice came out like a mumble.

"Hi". The young man smiled and waved at the Thai beauty queen like there's nothing wrong — Amanda's nostrils flared, but kept her cool.

"So this was the guy Maceta was talking about", Amanda nodded.  She scrutinized the man who disturbed her almost-perfect night with Rabiya. She wanted to kick Eric in the balls.

"Tinetext kita kanina pa, babe. Kaka check-in ko lang", he flashed his two key cards. "Two cards".

"Babe?! Two cards!? What in the?!" Amanda's yelled and glowered at both Eric and Rabiya.

"It's nothing like that. I promise!", Rabiya reached for Amanda's hand but the Thai woman shrugged it. Instead, she positioned herself in the middle of her girlfriend and this new guy.

"Eric, right?"

The taller man nodded. "Hi. You must be—"

He got cut off by Amanda's index finger pointing under his nose. The tigress in her has come alive.

"—I don't know what you're doing here or why you've flown all the way to follow Rabiya, but stay away from my girlfriend", she panted with rage.

"Pero...I thought?" Jeric's face became pale. Sweat beads started to come out of his sideburns and he looked at the Filipina beauty queen after being berated and warned by the reigning Miss Universe.