The Epilogue

A/N: make sure you've read chapter 73 before this one.

____

"I think it needed more guests, you know?"

"But that would've taken away the solemnity of the celebration. I mean it's good to celebrate love with a big number of people, but what's wrong with only having your closest friends and family? I think it is more special". Celeste concentrated as she watched my Buddhist-Christian wedding video on the smart TV in the living room of our new house.

"Well—maybe, you have a point". Anntonia crossed her legs and gazed at her fiancee.

"Of course, I have a point. I always do or you're forgetting that?"

The heiress was unfazed and continued to stare into Celeste's eyes. My Fil-Italian friend wasn't letting it go either. Sometimes these two just have a really weird energy together — hindi ko alam kung mag-a-away nalang ba sila o mapapalayas ko sila ng bahay ko for doing inappropriate things when there are kids around.

"Okaaaay — I have to look for my wife". I quickly stood up, grabbing a tray with empty glasses and left the two ladies alone. Bahala na sila doon, I just hope they don't do anything — whatever! Bakit ko ba sila pinoproblema? Eh ang dami-dami ko na ngang iniisip sa buhay.

Pero buti nalang, we ended up becoming fine with Ann. It was awkward at first, because of course, we all had a not so nice history, but in fairness sa kanya, she really tried so hard to help us when it called for it. We are thankful for Ann, since she was also the one who recommended our fertility doctor who was very nice. Sa totoo nga na never kami nagsisi sa results of our procedures.

I sighed when several toys were scattered around the floor leading to the patio. "Charlie! Ano ba!? Bakit naman pakalat-kalat yung gamit mo?!" I bent down, painfully...Dios ko ang hirap pag tumatanda, you get pains all over na hindi mo na alam kung saan galing. "Putang—", I picked up the toys and threw them into the nearby toy bin.

"But it's a great opportunity don't you think? It's a great property potential if you ask me, it's currently under market price and the area is still untapped by most tourists, the big developers are discovering the place — Pra! This is the expansion we are looking for. Where the hell is Anntonia when you need her?"

"She's in the living area with Cele and don't even think about going there now if I were you —"

"Huh? Not in my home! Are you serious!?" My wife immediately stood up and rushed to the living area.

I shook my head.

"Better her to deal with those two than me. Everything is uncontrollable! The house is a mess, our kids and dogs keep on making a mess. Look at me! I am a mess!" I scuffled my dark brown hair. Hindi pa nga ako naliligo, tapos kanina pa ako linis ng linis, pero parang hindi matapos-tapos yung kalat.

"Don't be so hard on yourself, Rab. You look amazing!"

"You're the only one who keeps on telling me that. You know the last time I went to the salon or spa? Two years ago, Veena! Two years."

"Wow, I did not know that —"

"You're lucky you don't have kids....hay! And my wife's just— too busy! Always!"

"Hey, I give you time". Amanda suddenly wrapped her arms around my waist from behind and kissed my cheek.

"Not enough" I scoffed.

Veena shrugged and drank her ice-cold beer. "I told you. You needed to tell her about that thing....", our friend whispered.

"What thing?" I tilted my head at my wife who looked at me like I'm an elephant wearing a cap. "Look! I know you have so much on your plate right now. And I'm glad you made Thailand win Miss Universe — twice in five years! and I am very proud of that achievement! I am also not completely complaining with the show-business thing — I like that you're in every Thai household's vocabulary and it pays our bills more, but babe — I'm exhausted running around after the kids and the dogs, running errands, keeping our place clean, and cooking for everyone —"